Montag, 27. Juni - Freitag, 08. Juli 09:00 Uhr - 17:00 Uhr
Training of Trainers - SLE TRAINING
Course Objectives: By the end of the course participants will have a good knowledge of how to design, prepare, organize, conduct and evaluate training sessions. They will be able to translate specific training needs into appropriate training objectives and practical training activities. Participants will have practised participatory techniques and methods for all phases of training events, building their individually tailored training toolkit. Moreover, a critical reflection on different training approaches, as well as on trainers’ attitudes and communication skills will help participants to improve their individual style and gain confidence in delivering trainings.
- Principles of adult learning
- Training needs assessments, pre-test questionnaires, training objectives
- From topics to content: how to design training modules and detailed training plans
- Training logistics and learning environments
- Introduction to the facilitation of virtual trainings
- Visualization and presentation skills
- Trainers´ toolkit: review and practical exercises with different tools for active trainings
- Icebreakers, warm-ups and energizers
- Reflection on trainers’ personality
- Group dynamics in trainings
- Training in an intercultural context
- How to evaluate trainings and the impact of training initiatives
Course Methods: The Training of Trainers course focuses on what happens before, during and after training courses. It is a practice-based course where learning by doing is combined with essential theoretical background and opportunity to exchange individual experiences with other peers and experienced professional trainers. Participants are encouraged to bring their own cases to work on during the course.
Target Group: The Training of Trainers is designed for advanced beginners with some practical experiences. However, midlevel trainers also might refresh ideas and get new inspiration for their training events.
Our short intensive courses promote learning through experience: 'Learning by doing for impact' is the most important aspect of the SLE's training philosophy. Our participants come from all around the globe: They include staff from development agencies, national and international NGOs, public institutions, university students and researchers, as well as professionals from the private sector. These different cultural backgrounds and professions add to an intercultural and transdisciplinary exchange of experiences within an enabling learning environment.
While there is no application deadline, there is only a limited number of places available in each course and they fill up quickly. We are looking forward to receiving your application!
|Veranstalter:||Seminar für Ländliche Entwicklung (SLE), Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin|
Seminar für Ländliche Entwicklung, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Robert-Koch-Platz 4