Associate Planning Officer, Strategic Planning
Position Title: Associate Planning Officer, Strategic Planning
Organization: International Atomic Energy Agency IAEA
Department: Department of Safeguards, SGCP-Strategic Planning Team
Duty Station: Vienna, Austria Duration of Assignment: 2 years with possibility of extension
2. Job Description
The Department of Safeguards (SG) is the organizational hub for the implementation of IAEA safeguards. The IAEA implements nuclear verification activities for some 180 States in accordance with their safeguards agreements. The safeguards activities are undertaken within a dynamic and technically challenging environment including advanced nuclear fuel cycle facilities and complemented by the political diversity of the countries.
The Department of Safeguards consists of six Divisions: three Operations Divisions: A, B and C, for the implementation of verification activities around the world; three Technical Divisions: Division of Concepts and Planning, Division of Information Management, and Division of Technical and Scientific Services; as well as three Offices: the Office for Verification in Iran, the Office of Safeguards Analytical Services and the Office of Information and Communication Services.
The Division of Concepts and Planning is responsible for strategic planning, the development and promotion of safeguards concepts and policy, the coordination of research and development activities, the implementation of the quality management system of the Department, and the provision and development of training.
The Section for Strategic Planning and External Coordination is one of four sections in the Division of Concepts and Planning and is responsible for Departmental strategic planning; coordination of R&D undertaken by Member State Support Programmes, in line with the Department's Long Term Strategic Plan; external relations and coordination of departmental participation at outside events; provision of support to advisory and policy-making bodies; and the provision of advice on implementation of safeguards agreements, protocols and policies.
The Associate Planning Officer assists the CPC-Strategic Planning Team (SPT) in various activities related to the implementation, monitoring, review and updating of the Departments strategic plan through the preparation of analyses and associated reports. He/she supports the Departments management processes and systems through the methodical research, analysis, review and documentation of relevant data as well as the development and presentation of business analyses and cases.
Reporting to the Leader of the Strategic Planning Team, the Associate Planning Officer is (1) a researcher gathering data and searching information on the Departments ongoing activities and developments in its operating environment (2) an analyst analysing and visualizing data and trends, preparing and contributing to associated internal and external reports and presentations, and (3) a planner assisting in the implementation, monitoring and reporting of the Departments strategic plan by gathering data for performance indicators and preparing status reports.
The Associate Planning Officer is a member of the Strategic Planning Team and works collaboratively within the Section, in particular with the Support Programme Coordination Team. Under the guidance and supervision of senior staff, he/she interacts and cooperates with staff within the other Safeguards Divisions, including the Office of the DDG, as well as, other Departments within the Agency. He/she may also engage with external safeguards practitioners and science and technology experts.
Functions / Key results Expected
Monitor trends and changes in the IAEAs external operating environment, and prepare and present associated analyses. Research and compile data, prepare analyses and contribute to the development and presentation of business cases. Propose and document improvements to the Departments strategic planning processes and methodologies, and contribute to various interim products (e.g. working reports). Gather data and information on the status of the implementation of the Departments strategic plan, prepare associated reports and presentations, and update associated content on the Departments Strategy Portal.
- Communication: Communicates orally and in writing in a clear, concise and impartial manner. Takes time to listen to and understand the perspectives of others and proposes solutions.
- Achieving Results: Takes initiative in defining realistic outputs and clarifying roles, responsibilities and expected results in the context of the Department/Divisions programme. Evaluates his/her results realistically, drawing conclusions from lessons learned.
- Teamwork: Actively contributes to achieving team results. Supports team decisions.
- Planning and Organizing: Plans and organizes his/her own work in support of achieving the team or Sections priorities. Takes into account potential changes and proposes contingency plans.
- Administrative Support|Data and Information Analysis and Reporting: Expertise in analysing programmatic information and data to identify and explain trends and needs to management.
- Information Technology|Business Intelligence Analysis: Expertise in using analytical tools and methods for undertaking research on various issues.
- Information Technology|HTML/Web Tools and Technologies: Expertise in planning and managing communication through external and internal websites development, graphic and multimedia (including social media).
- Management and Programme Analysis|Analytical Writing Skills: Expertise in synthesizing and explaining the essential elements of technical information in clear prose that is accessible to diverse audiences.
- Languages: English
- Asset Languages: Arabic; Chinese; French; Russian; Spanish
- Qualification Title: MSc or Master’s Degree
- Description: Master of Science or Master’s Degree in management, business or public administration, social or political science, statistics, data science, international relations or related disciplines.
- At least 2 years of working experience in the field of business analysis, business management, strategic planning, risk and/or performance management.
- Knowledge of analytical tools and methods for undertaking research on various issues.
- Proficiency in general IT skills, including experience with Excel/spreadsheets, PowerPoint and Prezi, etc.
- Proficiency with statistical analysis and business analysis software is an advantage.
- Good command of spoken and written English. Knowledge of other official IAEA languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) an asset.
Bitte senden Sie Ihre Bewerbung direkt an das Büro Führungskräfte zu Internationalen Organisationen (BFIO).
Alle Bewerbungsformalitäten unter www.bfio.de, Stichwort: Junior Professional Officer (JPO)
Administration, management, Other specialisations, Sonstige Fachgebiete, Verwaltung/Management
Büro Führungskräfte zu Internationalen Organisationen (BFIO)
Programm Beigeordnete Sachverständige - Beigeordnete Sachverständige (BS) sind international bekannt als Junior Professional Officers (JPOs), Associate Experts (AEs) oder Associate Professional Officers (APOs). …[mehr]