Associate Professional Officer - Responsible Agricultural Investments
FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
Job Title: Associate Professional Officer - Responsible Agricultural Investments
Agency: FAO - Food and Agriculture Organization
Unit: Private Sector and Responsible Agricultural Investments Unit (PSPS), Partnerships Division (PSP)
Country and Duty Station: FAO Headquarters, Rome, Italy
Duration of assignment: 2 years with possibility of extension for another year (Extension of appointment is subject to yearly review concerning priorities, availability of funds, and satisfactory performance.)
Please note that for participants of the FAO JPO-Programme at least three years of work experience are mandatory!
The Partnerships Division (PSP) is responsible for coordinating and overseeing the identification, strengthening and stewardship of strategic partnerships with non-state actors in support of FAO’s objectives and the SDGs, including parliamentarians, civil society, private sector, academia and research institutions, and family farmers’ and indigenous peoples’ organizations, through developing capacities, fostering dialogues, sharing knowledge, scaling up programmes and advocating for FAO’s corporate positions. It ensures that multi-stakeholder processes and engagements at global, regional and country level are an integral part of FAO’s work and provides targeted support to ensure secure tenure rights and capacity development (including through elearning programmes) to contribute to the SDGs. It drives the development of FAO’s blended finance models, mobilizes resources from the private sector to advocate responsible agricultural investments and sustainable development to move the 2030 agenda forward, and promotes the Principles for Responsible Investment in Agriculture and Food Systems (CFS-RAI). The Division has the lead responsibility for the implementation of the Voluntary Guidelines on the Responsible Governance of Tenure (VGGT), the UN Decade of Family Farming (2019-2028), the FAO Policy on Indigenous Peoples and the Milan Urban Food Policy Pact.
The Associate Professional Officer (APO)/Junior Professional Officer (JPO) will be based with the Responsible Agricultural Investment Team, located in Private Sector and Responsible Agricultural Investments Unit in which the coordination of the CFS-RAI takes place at FAO.
The APO will carry out his/her duties under the general supervision of the Head, Private Sector and Responsible Agricultural Investments Unit, and the RAI Team Leader coordinating activities related to responsible investment and CFS-RAI in the Private Sector and Responsible Agricultural Investments Unit, Partnerships Division (PSP).
The primary tasks of the APO would be to support the design, development and delivery of projects and activities supporting analysis, advocacy, and capacity development for responsible investment in agriculture and food systems, in particular the CFS Principles for Responsible Investment in Agriculture and Food Systems.
Support the design, development and delivery of projects and activities supporting analysis, advocacy, and capacity development for responsible investment in agriculture and food systems, including blended finance.
- Carries out basic research on selected aspects of programmes, operations and other activities; collects, analyses and presents statistical data and other information gathered from diverse sources;
- Provides substantive support for policy coordination and evaluation functions, including the review and analysis of emerging development issues and trends, participation in impact evaluation or equivalent studies;
- Participates in survey initiatives; issues data collection tools, reviews, analyses and interprets responses, identifies problems/issues and prepares preliminary conclusions;
- Contributes to the preparation of various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analytical notes, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications;
- Undertakes outreach activities; participates in the development of training workshops, seminars; participates in and makes presentations on assigned topics/activities;
- Participates in field missions, including provision of substantive and administrative support, data collection, etc.;
- Coordinates activities related to budget funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements) and preparation of related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget.).
- Undertake analysis and policy studies within the framework of the CFS-RAI Principles for Responsible Investment in Agriculture and Food Systems as the basis for capacity development activities to support responsible investment in agriculture and food systems.
- Support the drafting and finalization of project and technical documents on analysis, advocacy, and capacity development for responsible investment in close consultation with other units in PSP, the Trade and Markets Division (EST), the Development Law Unit (LEGN), and other concerned units in FAO.
- Contribute to the identification, development and delivery of new and ongoing capacity development projects for bilateral and multilateral funding, including blended financing, based on prior analysis of capacity assessment activities of key stakeholders and capacity development areas (enabling environment, organizational capacity, and individual capacity), as well as future national level capacity assessments.
- Participate in activities and planning meetings held by other FAO units where analysis, advocacy, and capacity development for responsible investment is being considered or delivered.
- Development and delivery of capacity development programmes and projects, in particular in support of responsible investment, including blended finance.
- Application of the CFS-RAI Principles for Responsible Investment in Agriculture and Food Systems, and related guidance instruments such as the VGGT and the OECDFAO Guidance for Responsible Supply Chains.
- Promote the use of new and established capacity development tools and methods, including capacity needs assessments, learning needs assessments, and facilitation techniques.
2. CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Master’s Degree in business administration or public administration, social science, political science or a related field
- Three years of relevant experience in project or programme management, administration or related area
- Working knowledge of English, French or Spanish and limited knowledge of one of the other two or Arabic, Chinese, Russian
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable
- Extent and relevance of experience in planning and monitoring advocacy activities and reviewing policy, institutional frameworks in a wide range of cultural and development contexts as well as in monitoring related systems
- Extent and relevance of experience in assessing and implementing projects in developing and emerging markets as well as familiarity with investment (foreign and domestic) in the context of development
- Extent and relevance of demonstrated ability to communicate with a range of public and private actors involved in the implementation of responsible agriculture investments
- Experience in engaging with the private sector for development, including analysis and formulation of actions, structured dialogue with the private sector, including the design of innovative financial instruments, including blended finance
- Extent and relevance of experience in the design, formulation and promotion of capacity development instruments and learning programmes in cooperation with a wide range of interlocutors and stakeholders
- Extent and relevance of experience in the evaluation of financing proposals related to thematic areas under FAO’s mandate
- Extent and relevance of experience in the development of methodological tools, learning materials and events for promoting responsible agricultural investment, including for government institutions
- Excellent writing, analytical and conceptual skills, as well as gender sensitive and cross-cultural competency
- Ability to operate effectively in a team, contributing positively to team operations and working relationships All candidates should possess computer/word processing skills.
3. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION / HOW TO APPLY
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
FAO encourages a positive workplace culture to increase inclusivity and diversity within its workforce. FAO applies measures in which all staff members contribute equally and in full to the work and development of the Organization. This includes:
- elements of family-friendly policies
- flexible working arrangements
- standards of conduct
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality People with disabilities are protected from any type of discrimination during any stage of employment, including the recruitment phase. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
Bitte senden Sie Ihre Bewerbung direkt an das Büro Führungskräfte zu Internationalen Organisationen (BFIO).
Alle Bewerbungsformalitäten unter www.bfio.de
Stichwort: Junior Professional Officer (JPO)
Administration, management, Agriculture, forestry, nutrition, Bildung/Berufsbildung, Education, vocational education, Land-/Forstwirtschaft/Ernährung, Verwaltung/Management
Büro Führungskräfte zu Internationalen Organisationen (BFIO)
Programm Beigeordnete Sachverständige - Beigeordnete Sachverständige (BS) sind international bekannt als Junior Professional Officers (JPOs), Associate Experts (AEs) oder Associate Professional Officers (APOs). …[mehr]