IFAD - JPO, Risk Officer, Financial Operations Department
I. JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Junior Professional Officer, Risk Officer
Agency: IFAD – International Fund for Agricultural Development
Organizational Unit: Financial Operations Department (FOD), Risk and Compliance Function (RCF)
Country and Duty Station: Rome, Italy
Duration and Type of Assignment: 2 years with possibility of extension for another year - One-year fixed-term appointment, renewable at least once subject to satisfactory performance, recommendation by respective office, partner country agreement and availability of funds.
Work experience: Relevant internships are counted if they are remunerated. It should be a regular salary. The salary may be low, but a token payment is not considered a salary payment in this regard.
Please note that for participants of the JPO-Programme two years work experience are mandatory! Relevant, post-graduate (usually after the Bachelor’s Degree) internship experiences can be counted.
II. POST’S ORGANIZATIONAL ACCOUNTABILITY:
The International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) is an international financial institution and a specialized United Nations agency dedicated to eradicating rural poverty and hunger. It does so by investing in rural people. IFAD finances programmes and projects that increase agricultural productivity and raise rural incomes, and advocates at the local, national and international level for policies that contribute to rural transformation.
The JP Risk Officer will focus on special initiatives currently being developed and carried out by the Chief Financial Officer and Chief Controller of IFAD in transforming the Fund's financial architecture in collaboration with the Office of the President and Vice President, other Departments, select Divisions and external parties. The JPO will also liaise with the newly enhanced Risk & Compliance Function headed by the Chief Risk Officer, under the umbrella of the Front Office. The JPO will play an important role in assisting the Front Office team in the execution and monitoring of related initiatives and activities, located within the Financial Operations Department (FOD) under the overall strategic, policy and management guidance of the Associate Vice President, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Controller of IFAD (AVP FOD).
III. KEY RESULTS EXPECTED/MAJOR FUNCTIONAL ACTIVITIES
Under the supervision of the Associate Vice President (AVP), Chief Financial Officer & Chief Controller, the JP Risk Officer will be responsible for the following major functional activities having direct and frequent interaction with the Front Office team of FOD, including the AVP and Chief Risk Officer:
- Collect economic data intelligence sources and official publications from key institutions (i.e. World Bank, IMF…) to facilitate the assessment of country risk ratings.
- Compilation and analysis of risk metrics related to the loan portfolio of IFAD on a regular basis, including the assistance on the preparation of quarterly reports.
- Review the investment portfolio of IFAD and assist on the production of monthly risk and compliance reports.
- Support in the implementation of system enhancements to improve data accuracy and analysis capabilities related to the risk function.
- Assist in the development of risk management policies and guidelines, including procedures and processes for their implementation.
- Assist in the maintenance of a risk database for the RFC.
- Support the Front Office Team in monitoring progress on departmental initiatives liaising with FOD divisions when needed.
- Ensuring outputs produced by RFC/FOD maintain high-quality standards; that reports are clear, objective and based on comprehensive data.
IV. IMPACT OF KEY RESULTS/KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
JPOs at this level work in an independent and rigorous function. Based on a thorough knowledge of finance and risk principles, concepts and systems, the JP Risk Officer independently performs the full range of work highlighted above, including ad-hoc requests and collaboration with other Departments and Divisions. The JPO's responsibilities also include supporting the supervisor in key decision-making initiatives (e.g. strategic planning, capital and liquidity planning, etc.).
The key performance indicators for JPOs at this level include accurate performance of assigned finance/risk operations, technical quality in terms of both substantive depth and adaptive relevance to client needs and customer service approach to problem resolution.
V. REPRESENTATION / WORK RELATIONSHIPS
JPOs may represent the unit to which assigned on related matters at internal and external meetings and conferences as requested by the supervisor.
Internally, JPOs are required to explain, clarify and implement financial matters and decisions taken. Contacts are with various Departments and Divisions at Headquarters.
- Strategic thinking and organizational development: Personal influence demonstrating leadership: Leads by example; initiates and supports change
- Learning, sharing knowledge and innovating: Challenges, innovates and contributes to a learning culture
- Focusing on clients: Contributes to a client-focused culture
- Problem solving and decision making: Solves complex problems and makes decisions that have wider corporate impact
- Managing time, resources and information: Coordinates wider use of time, information and/or resources
- Team Work: Fosters a cohesive team environment
- Communicating and negotiating: Acquires and uses a wide range of communication styles and skills
- Building relationships and partnerships: Builds and maintains strategic partnerships internally and externally
- Understanding of international financial institutions' rating agency methodologies and working experience interacting with credit rating agencies is a plus.
- Strong conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills. Expert knowledge in Excel and spreadsheet solutions.
- Knowledge of capital markets instruments including Fixed Income, Derivatives, including risk measurement and familiarity with valuation concepts (cash flow, present value, interest rate risk, duration, etc.).
- Familiarity with Bloomberg is desirable.
- Foster teamwork by being a good team player and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and manage priorities efficiently.
- Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions and make conclusions and recommendations.
VII. MINIMUM RECRUITMENT QUALIFICATIONS
- Master´s degree from a university or an accredited institution in finance, business administration or other job related field.
- Professional qualification in Risk and / or Finance (Financial Risk Manager, Chartered Financial Analyst or other related certifications) is a plus.
Two to three years of professional experience in a financial institution, preferably with experience in risk management including asset liability management, market risk and / or credit risk.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Working knowledge of another official language (Arabic, French, or Spanish) is an asset.
Bitte senden Sie Ihre Bewerbung direkt an das Büro Führungskräfte zu Internationalen Organisationen (BFIO).
Bewerbungsformalitäten unter www.bfio.de
Stichwort: Junior Professional Officer (JPO)
Administration, management, Economic and employment promotion, Other specialisations, Sonstige Fachgebiete, Verwaltung/Management, Wirtschafts-/Beschäftigungsförderung
Büro Führungskräfte zu Internationalen Organisationen (BFIO)
Programm Beigeordnete Sachverständige - Beigeordnete Sachverständige (BS) sind international bekannt als Junior Professional Officers (JPOs), Associate Experts (AEs) oder Associate Professional Officers (APOs). …[mehr]