IOM - JPO, SRA for Europe and Central Asia,
I. POSITION INFORMATION
Position Title: Junior Professional Officer, Associate Expert in Europe and Central Asia
Organization: IOM (International Organization for Migration)
Duty Station: HQs, Geneva, Switzerland
Duration: 2 years with possibility of extension for another
Please note that the extension of appointment is
subject to yearly review concerning priorities,
availability of funds, and satisfactory performance.
II. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
The Junior Professional Officer (JPO) assists the Senior Regional Adviser
(SRA) for Europe and Central Asia in maintaining regular contact with relevant
international, government, and non-governmental partners and supports the
SRA in regular national and regional policy dialogue and policy development
in the region covered by the SRA.
The JPO also supports the SRA in the coordination of policy, liaison and
advocacy work with the European Institutions and EU Member States.
Reporting directly to: Senior Regional Adviser for Europe an Central Asia
III. COACHING AND LEARNING ELEMENTS
After the assignment, the JPO will have acquired:
- Detailed knowledge of the EU institutions and their functioning
- Solid experience in migration policies in the region of competence and of
- relevant migration governance strategies and responses
- In-depth knowledge of IOM operation and activities
- Enhanced her/his negotiating skills in a multilateral settings
IV. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Assist the SRA in the regular liaison with international, governmental and non-governmental partners, by collecting and sharing information on partner and donor priorities, preferences and regional synergies in the field of migration.
- Identify migration policy issues in the region and advise SRA on national and regional trends, policies and legislative frameworks in the field of migration in close collaboration with the Regional Thematic Specialists (RTS) based in the Regional Offices (RO) in Brussels and Vienna.
- Support the SRA in the development of national and regional migration policies.
- Identify potential partnerships with academic institutions, think tanks and research institutions within the region, and assist in the conceptualization of policy-oriented research in coordination with relevant colleagues in the Regional Offices and/or Headquarters.
- Support the SRA in migration-related Regional Consultative Processes (RCPs) and regional government and non-government bodies.
- Ensure appropriate information sharing within the region and between the region and relevant Departments at HQ.
- In collaboration with ROs Brussels and Vienna, support regional strategic planning exercises, and provide support for country level strategic planning, as required.
EU Institutions Related Functions:
- Assist the SRA in coordinating IOM liaison with EU Institutions and EU Member States, including presenting IOM policies and activities, and researching and discussing potential areas for cooperation. Maintenance of regular communications with RO Brussels and Vienna on these issues.
- Advise SRA on communications to EU Institutions/EU Member States and to Headquarters and IOM Missions worldwide on migration related issues at the level of the European Union and IOM related policies and activities, with particular focus on IOM support to the EU rotating Presidencies.
- Monitor developments of EU led debates and policy discussions on migration and advise the SRA.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Senior Regional Adviser for Europe and Central Asia.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioural
- Client Orientation
- Continuous Learning
- Creativity and Initiative
- Leadership and Negotiation
- Planning and Organizing
- Technological Awareness
- Resource Management
- Correctly interacts with and advises on interfacing with senior level stakeholders as appropriate
- Develops effective partnerships with prospective donors and other stakeholders
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with implementing partners
- Effectively applies knowledge of migration issues within organizational context
- Correctly frames migration issues within their regional, global and political context
VI. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master´s degree in Law, Political or Social Sciences, International Relations.
- At least two years of experience with international migration issues
- Working experience in an International Organization is an advantage.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of IOM and its activities.
- Knowledge of the migratory fluxes in the Mediterranean.
- Demonstrated experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities, as well as the private sector.
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural setting.
- Familiarity with international migration policy and law.
- Experience in the EU related issues and in the region.
Bitte senden Sie Ihre Bewerbung direkt an das Büro
Führungskräfte zu Internationalen Organisationen (BFIO).
Bewerbungsformalitäten unter www.bfio.de,
Stichwort: Junior Professional Officer (JPO)
Administration, management, Economic and employment promotion, Kommunal-/Regionalentwicklung/Infrastruktur, Municipal/regional development, infrastructure, Other specialisations, Promoting democracy, civil society, governance, Sonstige Fachgebiete, Verwaltung/Management, Wirtschafts-/Beschäftigungsförderung
Büro Führungskräfte zu Internationalen Organisationen (BFIO)
Programm Beigeordnete Sachverständige - Beigeordnete Sachverständige (BS) sind international bekannt als Junior Professional Officers (JPOs), Associate Experts (AEs) oder Associate Professional Officers (APOs). …[mehr]