Stellenmarkt für Fachkräfte in der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit
JPO Health Logistics / Pandemic Preparedness Coordination
TERMS OF REFERENCE
JUNIOR PROFESSIONAL OFFICER PROGRAMME (JPO)
Job Title: JPO Health Logistics / Pandemic Preparedness Coordination
Unit: RBN / Logistics
Agency: World Food Programme
Country and Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Duration and Type of Assignment: 2 years with possibility of extension for another year
The extension of appointment is subject to yearly review concerning priorities, availability of funds, and satisfactory performance
Please note that for participants of the JPO programme two years work experience are mandatory! Relevant work experience can be counted. In order to assess the eligibility of the candidates, we review the relevant experience acquired after obtaining the first university degree (usually bachelor’s degree)
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. We are currently seeking for a Junior Professional Officer to fill the position of Health Logistics / Pandemic Preparedness Coordination with our RBN / Logistics based in Nairobi / Kenya.
CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND
WFP is the world's largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The increasing demand for support in health logistics (given the increase in regional and global health emergencies) provides a unique value proposition for WFP’s global logistics talent and global logistics network.
This involvement to strengthen health supply chains and build partnerships in the health sector directly responds to the call made through Agenda 2030, SDG 17 ‘Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development’ as well as partners’ involvement in SDG 3 ‘Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages.’
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Head of Logistics and in close coordination with HQ and the Regional Cold Chain Advisor, the JPO will have the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to the formulation and implementation of the regional health logistics / pandemic preparedness concept of operations, developing plans and TORs with achievable results measured through KPIs and following up on delivery with relevant stakeholders.
- Assess how country offices can broaden their health logistics service provision to governments and transition from service provision to capacity strengthening plans and measures
- Support the development and oversight of a regional health logistics training trajectory to build a regional staff pool skilled in health logistics in emergencies.
- Identify and help establish strategic partnerships in the public and private sector on health logistics to advance context specific regional health preparedness.
- Identify supply chain innovations for health preparedness (e.g. contactless logistics), formulate project proposals and assist with resource mobilization/partnerships etc.
- Raise awareness of health logistics at key regional meetings and conferences.
- Support in the development implementation of accurate and relevant analyses and tools to quantify the impact of preparedness activities in the region.
- Support the creation of common, sustainable approaches to pandemic preparedness across agencies, including coordination and information management, Conops and situation monitoring.
- Lead and foster information sharing practices related to pandemic preparedness and health logistics, and act as focal point for the Regional Bureau on the matter.
- Any other duties as required.
- Health logistics service provision and capacity strengthening approach and plan supported at regional and local level.
- Much improved understanding of gaps and challenges in key supply chains during health emergencies.
- Partnerships established for health logistics in emergencies to address key SC gaps.
- Innovations identified/promoted as part of regional health preparedness trajectory.
- Training trajectory for health logistics in emergency established and trained staff pool.
- Health service provision in the region mapped and information regarding health logistics service provision accurately and timely shared with relevant stakeholders.
- Preparedness activities’ impact in the region accurately identified and monitored.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree with additional relevant work experience in health/medical Supply Chain, Business Administration, Business Management, Preparedness, etc;
- Two years of relevant working experience in the supply chain / logistics operations;
- Fluency in English;
- Proficiency in Windows MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook);
- Behavioural competencies such as Action Management, Client Orientation, Cognitive Capacity, Innovation, Partnering and Teamwork.
To perform the wide range of tasks and excel in this position, the ideal candidate would also possess:
- Exposure to the international arena either by direct work for an international institution/ organization; or, if working for a national entity, by way of interacting with international stakeholders.
- Intermediate level of one, or more, of the following official languages: French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian and Portuguese.
- WFP’s international professionals are required to serve in different locations around the world during the course of their career (including in hardship duty stations); willingness to be mobile would maximise opportunities for long-term retention into the Organization.
RBN Head of Logistics.
Medical logistics, logistics service provision, WFP emergency preparedness and response processes, WFP supply chain processes. This will be a combination of online and on the job training.
At the end of the two-year assignment, the JPO should have obtained:
- Very good knowledge of health logistics and supply chain in WFP and Nairobi region.
- Good skills pandemic preparedness contingency planning, approaches and tools.
- Familiarity with WFP global health response operations and projects.
- Good general understanding of WFP’s overall operations and activities in the region of assignment.
Bitte senden Sie Ihre JPO-Bewerbung direkt an das Büro Führungskräfte zu Internationalen Organisationen (BFIO)
Alle Informationen finden Sie unter www.bfio.de
Büro Führungskräfte zu Internationalen Organisationen (BFIO)
Programm Beigeordnete Sachverständige - Beigeordnete Sachverständige (BS) sind international bekannt als Junior Professional Officers (JPOs), Associate Experts (AEs) oder Associate Professional Officers (APOs). …[mehr]