Stellenmarkt für Fachkräfte in der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit
Junior Professional Officer - Innovations and Digital Transformations
Junior Professional Officer Programme (JPO) – TERMS OF REFERENCE
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
Title: Junior Professional Officer - Innovations and Digital Transformations
Sector of Assignment: Communication and Information (CI)
Unit: ICT in Education, Science and Culture Section
Organization/Office: United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
Country and Duty Station: Paris, France
Duration of assignment: 2 years with possibility of extension for another year. Extension of appointment is subject to yearly review concerning priorities,
availability of funds, and satisfactory performance
Please note that for participants of the JPO-Programme two years work experience are mandatory!
Direct supervision by: Chief of the ICT in Education, Science and Culture Section in the Communication and Information Sector.
The JPO person will work under direct supervision of the Chief of the ICT in Education, Science and Culture Section on emerging and cutting edge topics related to ongoing
« innovations and digital transformations ».
3. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The JPO will work on « frontier technologies », including artificial intelligence, and more generally:
- Support the analysis of innovation trends and the policy environment surrounding the use of ICT and frontier technologies for development;
- Assist in the design of projects to harness digital innovations in support of achieving the Sustainable Development Goals related to UNESCO’s fields of competence; assist in overviewing and assessing the implementation of these projects.
- Contribute to related communication, outreach, advocacy, resource mobilization, implementation, evaluation and reporting;
- Support knowledge management, conduct relevant research and analysis, draft relevant briefings, talking points, speeches, and response letters, and facilitate information sharing within UNESCO and among its stakeholders, notably in the framework of the AI Intersectoral Task team
Education: Master's degree or equivalent in the field of communication and information, political science, international relations, or related fields.
Professional experience: At least 2 years of professional experience in the field of communication and/or information, including at least one year of experience in an international environment.
A strong interest in/experience with cutting edge technologies, including related opportunities, risks and challenges, would be a welcome asset.
- Excellent written and oral skills, ability to write concise and clear texts;
- Proven skills in analysis, organization and coordination;
- Ability to ensure the accuracy of documents and reports, through research, referencing sources and consultations, with particular attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with a variety of actors and work effectively and respectfully in a multicultural environment;
- A strong sense of ethics, professional integrity, diplomacy, tact and discretion;
- Proven ability to work effectively under pressure, manage high workloads and tight deadlines, and act flexibly to adjust work schedules and priorities; and
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office).
- Excellent English or French language skills and
- Good knowledge of the other language would be an asset.
Bitte senden Sie Ihre Bewerbung direkt an das Büro Führungskräfte zu Internationalen Organisationen (BFIO).
Alle Informationen unter www.bfio.de
Media, communications, Medien/Kommunikation, Other specialisations, Sonstige Fachgebiete
Büro Führungskräfte zu Internationalen Organisationen (BFIO)
Programm Beigeordnete Sachverständige - Beigeordnete Sachverständige (BS) sind international bekannt als Junior Professional Officers (JPOs), Associate Experts (AEs) oder Associate Professional Officers (APOs). …[mehr]