Junior Professional Officer (JPO), Economist
ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK (ADB) – JUNIOR PROFESSIONAL OFFICER (JPO) PROGRAMME
1. General Information
Job Title: Junior Professional Officer, Economist
Department: Regional Cooperation and Integration Division (ERCI), within the Economic Research and Regional Cooperation Department (ERCD)
Agency: Asian Development Bank, Headquarter
Country and Duty Station: Manila, Philippines
Duration of assignment: 2 years with possibility of extension for another year (Please note that the extension of appointment is subject to yearly review concerning priorities, availability of funds, and satisfactory performance.)
Please note that for participants of the JPO-Programme two years work experience are mandatory! Relevant internship experiences can be counted.
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030. ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Regional Cooperation and Integration Division (ERCI) within the Economic Research and Regional Cooperation Department (ERCD). ERCD undertakes policy research and generates knowledge on key development issues of critical importance to the region, advises on strategic issues that contribute to ADB’s performance, and acts as ADB's focal point for facilitating regional cooperation and integration (RCI) in Asia and the Pacific. ERCI, in particular, undertakes major areas of RCI-related knowledge initiatives through research, operations support, and management support. It produces a regular annual flagship publication the Asian Economic Integration Report (AEIR), the biennial Aid for Trade report for the World Trade Organization - led global review of aid-for-trade initiative, the biannual report on progress in RCI for ASEAN+3, and other RCI-related thematic studies. It also coordinates ADB’s support for and management’s participation in ASEAN/ASEAN+3, APEC, and other regional economic policy dialogues/forums that go beyond individual sub-regions.
2. Job Purpose & Responsibilities
The Economist will contribute to the development of knowledge products to promote Regional Cooperation and Integration (RCI), particularly on trade and investment that, supports facilitation of regional trade and investment policy dialogue, capacity and institutional development on trade connectivity, trade facilitation, research and information dissemination, and building partnerships with other institutions and stakeholders. The incumbent will report to the Director and will supervise national staff and administrative staff.
- Conduct research on regional integration issues related to trade and investment.
- Contribute to ADB flagship publication, the AEIR, particularly on trade and investment section, as well as to other publications of the division.
- Produce high quality research papers with policy implication regularly, with focus on subregional cooperation initiatives such as CAREC, SASEC, and GMS.
- Support various RCI initiatives and regional policy forums such as the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), ASEAN+3, Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC), etc.
- Develop, process, and implement regional TA projects for ADB's developing member countries (DMCs) that promote regional economic cooperation and integration.
- Provide support to Management and other departments on RCI and related matters through preparation of briefing notes, speeches, and operational research papers.
3. Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Master’s Degree in Economics or relevant fields
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience, international work experience is an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong background in econometric analysis
- Publications records in economic research would be an advantage.
4. General Considerations
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Bitte senden Sie Ihre Bewerbung direkt an das Büro Führungskräfte zu Internationalen Organisationen (BFIO).
Alle Bewerbungsformalitäten unter www.bfio.de, Stichwort: Junior Professional Officer (JPO)
Municipal/regional development, infrastructure, Other specialisations
Büro Führungskräfte zu Internationalen Organisationen (BFIO)
Programm Beigeordnete Sachverständige - Beigeordnete Sachverständige (BS) sind international bekannt als Junior Professional Officers (JPOs), Associate Experts (AEs) oder Associate Professional Officers (APOs). …[mehr]