Stellenmarkt für Fachkräfte in der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit
Junior Professional Officer (JPO), Programme Analyst Regional Partnership and Knowledge Management
I. Position Information:
Title: Junior Professional Officer (JPO), Programme Analyst Regional Partnership and Knowledge Management
Main sector of assignment: Strategic partnerships and resource mobilisation
Department: UNV / Regional Office for East and Southern Africa (ROESA)
Country and Duty Station: Kenya, Nairobi
Duty Station Status: Family Duty Station (staff member and eligible family members)
Duration and Type of Assignment: 2 years with possibility of extension for another year. The extension of appointment is subject to yearly review concerning priorities, availability of funds, and satisfactory performance
Please note that for participants of the JPO-Programme two years work experience are mandatory! Relevant work experience can be counted. In order to assess the eligibility of the candidates, we review the relevant experience acquired after obtaining the first university degree (usually bachelor’s degree).
II. Job Purpose and Organizational Context:
The UNDP Junior Professional Officer (JPO) Programme:
The UNDP JPO Programme equips outstanding young leaders with the skills and experience required to advance the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and make a positive difference in the world. As a pathway into the world of development, the programme offers young professionals excellent exposure to multilateral cooperation and sustainable development while providing a valuable entry point into the UN system.
During their assignments, JPOs benefit from the guidance of experienced UNDP/UNV staff members and are actively involved in supporting the design and implementation of UNV’s programs within UNV’s headquarters, regional or country offices.
The UNV Regional Offices (RO) provide oversight and strategic guidance to the UNV Field Units (FUs) in their respective geographical assignments and are mainly accountable for the placement of UN Volunteers mobilized for UN Agencies, Funds, and Programmes focused on peace, development and humanitarian needs. Furthermore, the Regional Offices represent, and strategically position, UNV and bring UNV’s services and solutions closer to its partners from governments, UN entities, civil society and private sector. The Regional Offices also lead in scoping and delivering UNV’s advisory service offer on volunteer infrastructure.
Reporting structure and partners:
The Programme Analyst, Regional Partnership and Knowledge Management reports to the Manager, Regional Office for East and Southern Africa (ROESA). She/he supports UNV/ROESA partnership and knowledge management activities in the region working in close collaboration with UNV Regional Office team and Field Unit.
Title of Supervisor: Manager, UNV Regional Office for East and Southern Africa
Content and methodology of supervision:
As part of the UNDP JPO programme overall framework, the JPO will benefit from the following supervision modalities:
- Structured guidance provided by the supervisor, especially in the beginning of the assignment, with the purpose of gradually increasing the responsibilities of the JPO;
- Establishment of a work plan, with clear key results;
- Effective supervision through knowledge sharing and performance/development feedback throughout the assignment;
- Easy access to the supervisor;
- Participation in the Regional Office meetings to ensure integration and operational effectiveness;
- Guidance and advice in relation to learning and training opportunities within the field of expertise;
- Completion of the yearly UNDP Performance Management Document (PMD).
III. Duties and Responsibilities and Output expectations
Support to Partnership Management at Regional level for mobilization of UN Volunteers (70%)
- Support the Regional Manager in partnership building and management as well as in outreach and advocacy activities with UN entities, governmental partners, regional funding partners, partners in South-South cooperation, civil society, volunteer involving organizations and the private sector;
- Gather, analyze and document partnership intelligence that contributes to strengthening of the ROESA (ESARO) position within the UN family for developing strategic partnerships with UN-AFPs for volunteer mobilization;
- Contribute to the acquisition of partner intelligence by preparing regional scans, analyzing region-specific strategy documents and UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Frameworks (Cooperation Frameworks) of ROESA countries, Country Programme Documents, etc., and identifying entry points for increased volunteer mobilization and integration of volunteerism, and update relevant systems and IT tools;
- Analyze UNV regional statistics and support the Regional Manager defining strategies to reverse negative trends and understand drivers for growth;
- In collaboration with UNV External Relations and Communications Section (ERCS- Bonn HQ), conduct a continuous Competitive Landscape Analysis of partners, partner needs and priorities, characterization of their relationships/partnerships, compile reliable donor intelligence and develop a donor intelligence strategy for ROESA’s use in partnership building and resource mobilization;
- Contribute to the effective coordination and internal communication between ERCS, UNV-New York Office, Regional Office and relevant field units, liaise with all relevant personnel on issues relevant for effective partnership building and strategic positioning of UNV;
- Coordinate with and support UNV field units in engaging with partners and facilitate knowledge-sharing and knowledge management;
- Document and share lesson learnt and good practices in partnership building and management in ROESA to be integrated in broader UNV knowledge management efforts;
- Conduct regional partner satisfaction surveys as required.
Support to effective Knowledge Management at Regional and Field Levels (30%)
- Support in the planning, design, execution, management and monitoring of knowledge management, curation, mobilization, dialogue, exchange and networking initiatives, and act as primary client-service focal point and liaison for knowledge management in ROESA;
- Analyze and consolidate statistics, lessons, good practices and guidelines on knowledge management, mobilization, dialogue, exchange and networking initiatives, and communicate them internally and externally to foster learning, raise awareness and improve client-services;
- Carry out research and document examples of Strategies/Policies, Frameworks, Legislation, and Volunteer Infrastructure project/programmes/activities/initiatives implemented in various parts of Africa to enable ROESA programme countries to directly link with willing developers of these activities/initiatives;
- Coordinate contributions and provide support to corporate knowledge management processes, corporate best practices and knowledge products, including compilation of success stories, case studies, and lessons learned products from ROESA to help advance advocacy on volunteerism and influence/advance policy dialogue.
IV. Competencies and Selection Criteria
PartnershipsAbility to engage with other agencies, donors, and other development stakeholders and forge productive working relationships
V. Recruitment Qualifications
VI. Training and Learning
As part of the UNDP JPO programme overall framework, the JPO will benefit from the following training and learning opportunities:
In addition, the JPO will benefit from the following specific training and learning modalities/opportunities in the receiving office: induction training
VII. Background Information
Information on the receiving office:
UNV has six Regional Offices in Amman (Arab States), Istanbul (Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States), Bangkok (Asia and the Pacific), Dakar (West and Central Africa), Nairobi (East and Southern Africa) and Panama City (Latin America and the Caribbean).
Living conditions at the Duty Station: The Republic of Kenya is an equatorial nation on the coast of East Africa, neighbouring Somalia, Ethiopia, Sudan, Uganda, Tanzania, and the Indian Ocean. Kenya has two levels of Government; National Government and 47 sub-national Governments called Countries. Kenya is a multi-party state with Executive, Legislative, and Judicial branches. Kenya’s population of more than 40 million is growing at an annual rate of 2.2%. The country’s GNP per capita estimated at purchasing power parity (PPP) is $975, and the GNP is growing at an average rate of 0.1% annually. More than 26% of Kenya’s people live below the international poverty line of $1 per day. Kenya’s main food crops are “maize, wheat, pulses, roots and tubers.” (FAO).
Bitte senden Sie Ihre JPO-Bewerbung direkt an das Büro Führungskräfte zu Internationalen Organisationen (BFIO)
Alle Informationen finden Sie unter www.bfio.de
Büro Führungskräfte zu Internationalen Organisationen (BFIO)
Programm Beigeordnete Sachverständige - Beigeordnete Sachverständige (BS) sind international bekannt als Junior Professional Officers (JPOs), Associate Experts (AEs) oder Associate Professional Officers (APOs). …[mehr]