Stellenmarkt für Fachkräfte in der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit
Project Manager Forecast-based Financing (m/f/d), Philippines
The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises. The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects on appeals of their sister organisations within the Movement.
GRC is currently seeking a Project Manager (m/f/d) responsible for the Forecast-based Financing (FbF) project in the Philippines. The FbF-concept has been implemented there since 2017 and the project is in the final phase. The implementation focusses on the development of an Early Action Protocol (EAP) for droughts, continued work on existing EAPs as well as on their applicability in conflict-affected areas, the further strengthening of local and national capacities for FbF planning and implementation and continued coordinated advocacy for the institutionalisation of FbF on policy level. The project strives to further develop and establish the Forecast-based Financing mechanism.
Starting date: End of April 2021
Duration: Until 31. December 2022
Location: Manila with regular field visits
Main duties & responsibilities:
- In close cooperation with the Philippine Red Cross lead the direct implementation of the FbF-project to achieve the planned results
- Comprehensive proactive and timely project management, incl. proposal writing, reporting, M&E, management of finances, procurement, HR and visibility, in line with GRC and donor (FFO) standards
- Liaise, coordinate and cooperate with Government authorities as well as relevant national & international organizations and stakeholders active in the field of Early Warning Early Action/Anticipation to promote the integration of FbF mechanisms into the national system
- Liaise and cooperate with expert organisations on aspects of FbF (such as Red Cross Climate Centre and NLRC-510)
- Improve access to validated forecast data and oversee the development of forecast-based thresholds for early actions in hazard- prone areas (supported by a technical advisor)
- Oversee the development and testing of EAPs for the PRC, particularly by identifying relevant effective early actions and establishing procedures that allow their timely implementation once a forecast threshold has been reached
- Work jointly with PRC on strengthening their capacities and advocacy role in the field of Climate Change Adaptation and FbF Work on further improvement of the MEAL system to measure the impact of the EAP’s implementation and thereby contribute to building evidence for the FbF-mechanism and coordinate relevant research work
- Organize regional and national dialogue platforms that serve to exchange lessons learned with other FbF-projects in the region
- Assure compilation and sharing of results, learning and uptake with the International Dialogue Platforms organized by German Red Cross as well as other relevant events
- Exchange relevant learnings, needs and information with the Anticipation Hub and the FbF team in GRC HQ
- Actively exchange and coordinate with other projects on anticipatory action, stay informed on discussions and further developments in this sector in the country
Required Competencies & Skills:
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in the field of Disaster Risk Reduction/Preparedness; Familiarity with Early Warning Early Action/Anticipatory Humanitarian Action is an advantage
- Strong project management skills, particularly PCM and participatory methods
- Experience in cooperating with local partners and supporting their capacity strengthening
- Experience working for the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to communicate clearly and effectively and build relationships at all levels, taking into account cultural and language differences
- Readiness to work in remote areas
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability and agreement to adhere to the Red Cross Red Crescent Fundamental Principles
- Oral and written fluency in English, German is of advantage
- Ability to work effectively in multi-cultural environments
- Ability to complete a thorough medical screening process 'working abroad under specific climate and health conditions'
- Valid Driving Licence
What we offer you:
You will be part of a highly motivated professional and multicultural team. We offer you a compensation package according to the collective employment agreement of the GRC, an expatriation allowance during your mission as well as the personal allowance to cover your accommodation. In addition to a full insurance package GRC is covering a home flight within a 12-months period of assignment. You will benefit from a comprehensive training package and receive briefings and coaching prior as well as during and after your mission. Medical check-ups and Psychosocial Support Service are included in your assignment.
Kindly apply by submitting your application by using the GRC online application system DRK HR net (https://drkhrnet.de) until 01.03.2021.
Please indicate Ref. No. 2021-022 with your application.
Deutsches Rotes Kreuz - German Red Cross (DRK/GRC)
The German Red Cross is part of a world wide community assisting victims of conflict, disaster and people affected by social or health-related crisis. The Red Cross/ Red Crescent helps vulnerable people without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the fundamental principles of the Red Cross Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Un…[mehr]