Stellenmarkt für Fachkräfte in der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit
Project Manager (m/f/d), Myanmar
The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises. The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects on appeals of their sister organisations within the Movement.
The GRC is currently seeking a Project Manager (m/f/d) in Myanmar.
The GRC has a bilateral cooperation with the Myanmar Red Cross Society (MRCS) since 2018 and supports MRCS projects in the field of organisational development/ capacity building and disaster risk management in urban and rural contexts. Special attention is paid to support for IDP’s and host communities in conflict-sensitive contexts.
Starting date: 01.01.2022
Duration: 12 months with a possibility for extension
Location: Myanmar, Yangon
Main duties & responsibilities:
You will be responsible for the overall management of the following projects:
- Expanding the scope of emergency response capacities and disaster preparedness of urban actors in Yangon, Myanmar (April 2021 – Dec. 2022)
- Strengthening the resilience of refugees and host communities in Rakhine State (Myanmar) through disaster risk management and livelihood measures and strengthening the institutional capacities of the National Society in Myanmar (cross border project BGD/MMR, Sept. 2019 – Dec. 2023):
- Urban Resilience Building through Advanced Networking in South and South-East Asia (Jan. 2019-Dec. 2023)
In relation to these projects, you will
- Ensure the implementation, monitoring, evaluation, adaptation and reporting in very close coordination with the Myanmar Red Cross Society (MRCS) and accordance with approved plans and budgets.
- Support the preparation, development and organization of lessons learnt exercises and knowledge products.
- Coordinate and share information with MRCS and other partners and actors.
- Ensure consistent communication, coordination and reporting to the GRC Head of Office in Yangon and to the GRC National Headquarters in Berlin.
Required Competencies & Skills:
- At least 3 years of relevant practical experience in the field of project management (development and /or relief projects);
- Good report writing skills and donor reporting experience (German FFO, BMZ, ECHO);
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Ability and agreement to adhere to the Red Cross Red Crescent fundamental principles;
- Readiness to go on assignment without partner;
- Oral and written fluency in English, German is of advantage;
- Ability to work effectively and diplomatically in multi-cultural environments and teams;
- Ability to complete a thorough medical screening process 'working abroad under specific climate and health conditions';
- Valid Driving Licence.
What we offer you:
You will be part of a highly motivated professional and multicultural team. We offer you a compensation package according to the collective employment agreement of the GRC, an expatriation allowance during your mission as well as a personal allowance to cover your accommodation. In addition to a full insurance package GRC is covering a home flight within a 12-months period of assignment. You will benefit from a comprehensive training package and receive briefings and coaching prior as well as during and after your mission. Medical check-ups and Psychosocial Support Service are included in your assignment.
Kindly apply by submitting your application by using the GRC online application system DRK HR net (https://drkhrnet.de) until September 30th 2021.
Please indicate Ref. No. 2021-094 with your application.
Deutsches Rotes Kreuz - German Red Cross (DRK/GRC)
The German Red Cross is part of a world wide community assisting victims of conflict, disaster and people affected by social or health-related crisis. The Red Cross/ Red Crescent helps vulnerable people without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the fundamental principles of the Red Cross Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Un…[mehr]