Country Director (m/f)
Welthungerhilfe (www.welthungerhilfe.de) is one of the large and respected private organisations in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. It carries out projects in 39 countries and campaigns for fairer cooperation with developing countries. If you are prepared to dedicate yourself to carrying out projects under sometimes difficult conditions and you match the requirements set out below, we look forward to receiving your application for the position of
Country Director (m/f), Central African Republic
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration until 31 December 2019. Employment location will be Bangui, Central African Republic (CF).
As Country Director, you are responsible for managing the Welthungerhilfe Office in Bangui and for implementing the programmes and projects in Central African Republic in accordance with Welthungerhilfe's applicable concept paper and country concept.
- Overall responsibility for the development and implementation of the country programme
- Represent Welthungerhilfe and coordinate the country programme with local decision-makers, and with other aid agencies and development organisations operating in the country
- Represent Welthungerhilfe vis-a-vis international and national stakeholders
- Acquisition of donor funds on location, and international coordination with the head office
- Responsibility for expatriate and national project staff, and in particular responsibility for compliance with local security regulations
- Maintenance and expansion of cooperation with national and international partners
- Secure the conceptual further development of Welthungerhilfe's commitment in Central African Republic
- Regular exchange of information with the head office in Bonn and other Country Offices
- A university degree, for example in International Development Cooperation, Humanitarian Aid, Management, Geography or Agricultural Sciences
- At least 5 years of project management experience and relevant management experience in international humanitarian aid and development co-operation, preferably in the region as well as very good analytical capabilities to judge the humanitarian and health situation
- Experience in security/crisis management
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Relevant knowledge of German, European and UN donor environment
- Coordination and organisational skills - even under a high workload
- Proven ability to engage in active and sensitive communication with employees and contacts in a very diverse environment
- A very good command French and English, both spoken and written, German Language Skills would be an asset
We offer you co-operation in a highly dedicated team and a responsible scope of tasks. Of course, a comprehensive training is also part of our offer.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by October 24, 2018.
Administration, management, Agriculture, forestry, nutrition, Economic and employment promotion, Health, social security, Humanitarian aid, Municipal/regional development, infrastructure, Other specialisations, Water and waste management, environment, resources, Wirtschafts-/Beschäftigungsförderung
Deutsche Welthungerhilfe (DWHH)
Die Deutsche Welthungerhilfe (DWHH) ist eine der größten privaten Organisationen der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit und der Humanitären Hilfe in Deutschland. Sie führt Projekte in fast 40 Ländern durch und wirbt in der Öffentlichkeit für eine gerechtere Zusammenarbeit mit den Entwicklungsländern. …[mehr]