Stellenmarkt für Fachkräfte in der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit
Expert (m/f/d) Advocacy and Media for social change in Beirut
We are looking for a Project Manager (m/f/d) to join our dedicated team in Beirut starting 1st of May 2022.
Who we are
forumZFD supports people involved in violent conflicts on the path to peace and strives to help overcome war and violence.forumZFD is currently working with peace consultants in Germany as well as in ten other countries in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia. Its Academy for Conflict Transformation offers a learning space for professional, international peace work. Through dialogue events, educational work and campaigns, forumZFD actively advocates civil peace policy.forumZFD is recognized by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) consortium. It finances its work through public and private grants, donations and membership fees.
We offer an attractive positionwith responsibilities for a minimum of two years in a growing organization. We also offer participation in qualification and professional development courses (among others, at forumZFD’s Academy for Conflict Transformation), a project-based preparation, regular coaching and, where appropriate, participation in a language course. As the position is based on the German Development Aid Workers Act (EhfG). The position is remunerated according to the provisions of this law, including comprehensive social security benefits and financial reintegration assistance upon return.
Working for forumZFD, you will be engaged within the innovative field of conflict transformation and peacebuilding through contributing your ideas and skills.
Your tasks and responsibilities
As a social media expert your goal is to further develop media strategies of forumZFD Lebanon to support active actors in Lebanon to overcome social fragmentation and in developing and strengthening their outreach activities.
As an advocacy specialist, you will use your expertise in journalism and networking to continue and enrich existing cooperation and to develop new partnerships. Through these activities you will spread awareness and knowledge about conflict transformation and nonviolence. The independent organization of workshops and trainings also belong to your area of responsibility.
Within the program team you will furthermore assume the role of the focal person for the forumZFD’s external communication and the cooperation between the head office in Cologne and the program in Beirut. In this role you will contribute to the public presentation of project activities and develop strategic communication, content and advocacy campaigns to target different stakeholders in Lebanon and in Germany.
- Min. 3 years of professional experience in journalism, PR or social media responsible or professional experience in a field with relevant overlaps to the job advertised;
- Proven track record of developing and implementing communication strategies, including planning and creating communication materials;
- Experience in independent planning, initiation and implementation of co-operation projects with activists, networks, movements and/or NGOs;
- Excellent understanding of different tools and social media platforms and how they can be deployed in different scenarios;
- Experience in creating (social) media content including videos and visuals and curating discussions on social media
- Strong social competence, capacity for teamwork and ability to integrate quickly into daily project routine; strong ability to think strategically and conceptually;
- Physical and psychological stability and intercultural sensitivity to work and live in a complex society and challenging context;
- Fluent English (project language) spoken and written is expected, Arabic is an asset;
- Driving license and experience;
- A good sense of humor.
Start of assignment
Ideally, you are available to start working on 1st of May 2022 (preparation courses, followed by at least two years’ work within the project with the option of extension).
Please apply online at www.forumzfd.de/jobs (letter of motivation and CV)latest by 28th of February 2022.
An assessment including online-tasks and interviews in Cologne as part of the selection process are planned to be scheduled during the third week of March or first week of April 2022. In case of any questions, please feel free to contact Mr Christian Gülisch at guelisch@forumZFD.de.
Please find further information about our organisation and our assignments online at www.forumZFD.de. This job advertisement as well as further employment postings can be viewed at www.forumZFD.de/jobs
We are looking forward to your application!
Forum Ziviler Friedensdienst e.V. (forumZFD)
Das forumZFD gehört seit 2000 zu den anerkannten Trägerorganisationen im Zivilen Friedensdienst.…[mehr]