Stellenmarkt für Fachkräfte in der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit
Advisor (m/f/d) for Sustainable Finance
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
You will join the Financial Systems Development and Insurance Cluster in GIZ’s Global and Sector Programs Department. With more than 40 staff, the Cluster comprises various financial sector programs: Sector projects with a focus on advising the Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), as well as develoPPP projects in collaboration with private sector companies. The thematic scope of activities in the Cluster ranges from access to finance for households and SMEs, to digital financial services, risk management, insurance and financial sector stability, to sustainable and green finance.
In your role as Advisor, you will be part of a team responsible for fostering sustainable finance in the German development cooperation. The team provides technical and strategic advice to BMZ on sustainable finance frameworks and fora internationally, in the European Union and in Germany. In collaboration with international partners, the team develops tools and trainings to raise awareness and build capacity in the public and private sector in areas including sustainable finance policy and regulation, taxonomies, sustainable financial instruments, ESG risk management in the financial sector and natural capital finance.
- Technical and strategic advice to BMZ on topics and processes in the field of sustainable finance at German, EU and international level
- Manage projects and coordinate implementation activities with international partners and GIZ country offices
- Develop innovative concepts, tools and capacity building formats to promote sustainable finance
- Support the initiation of new partnerships and programs, e.g. in the form of development partnerships with the private sector
- Represent the Cluster at GIZ-internal and external meetings
- Trend monitoring to identify new developments in the field of sustainable finance
- Support the team leader in knowledge management, reporting and communication
- Completed university studies (diploma/master's degree) in economics, finance or social sciences/humanities or a comparable qualification
- A minimum of 3 years’ professional experience in one or more of the following areas: sustainable finance policy & regulation, green/sustainable taxonomies, sustainable financial instruments, ESG risk management in the financial sector
- Work experience in the commercial financial sector or in financial regulation and supervision is a strong advantage
- Solid experience in project management in an international context
- Knowledge of the instruments and institutional landscape of international development cooperation
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral skills in German and English; further foreign language skills (Spanish, Portuguese, French) are an advantage
GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued - regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
The willingness to regularly business travels is required.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.
Recruitment and Follow-on assignments Client Portal
Economic and employment promotion
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem in de…[mehr]