Stellenmarkt für Fachkräfte in der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit
Advisor (m/f/d) "Sustainable Financial Markets" in Brazil
Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in 120 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you've come to the right place.
The project Finanças Brasileiras Sustentáveis (FiBraS) is a Brazilian-German technical cooperation project implemented since 2018 by the GIZ in partnership with the Brazilian Ministry of the Economy and the Central Bank of Brazil. It is funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development. The objective of the project is to support a stronger alignment of Brazil’s financial sector with environmental and social sustainability. The Advisor will be responsible for the technical and organisational implementation of the project component focused on sustainability-oriented financial market regulation and supervision.
- Coordination of the technical and organisational implementation of project activities necessary to achieve the objectives of the component and the overall project, in coordination with the project lead and partners
- Project management tasks (operational and financial planning, implementation, controlling, impact monitoring, reporting, knowledge management)
- Advisory and other support services to the project partners
- Elaboration, assessment and review of concepts, reports, etc.
- Management of consulting contracts (preparation and implementation of consulting/consultant assignments, supervision of consultants, quality assurance)
- Organisation and implementation of events and trainings, e.g., webinars, workshops
- Internal and external communication and representation of the component vis-à-vis political actors, financial and economic sectors, and civil society
- Coordination and proactive cooperation with sectoral networks and other projects implemented by GIZ related to the thematic field
- Other tasks such as administrative tasks, as relevant for the position
- University degree in economics, finance, or other relevant field of study
- Several years of relevant professional experience in the field of financial market regulation/supervision in or with central banks or other financial market regulators/supervisory authorities preferably gained in developing or emerging counties, is an advantage
- Knowledge and professional experience in sustainable finance, such as sustainability-related financial market policy; monetary policy; social, environmental and, in particular, climate risks in the financial sector; sustainability data and disclosure (Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures recommendations); green/sustainable finance products; portfolio management
- International experience, especially Brazil, is an advantage
- Project/team leadership experience is an advantage
- Very good management, organisational and networking skills
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal)
- Efficient, structured, results- and impact-oriented mode of working, ability to work in a team, social, intercultural and political competence/sensitivity, interdisciplinary competences
- Business fluent in English; skills in Portuguese, or alternatively in Spanish and/or German are an advantage
We are pleased to offer you a first impression on topics such as climate, shopping and services, the school situation and health care in Brazil.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
Further information on country-specific advice from the Federal Foreign Office at https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en.
At the site of operation, the particulate pollution occurs to be many time higher than the European acceptable limit. As part of the selection process and during the recruitment examination you will be informed of appropriate protective and behavioral measures.
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
The willingness for frequent business trips is required.
Please observe the provisions of the country-specific vaccination regulations for entry and work in the country of assignment - in particular also regarding COVID-19.
We are happy to help accompanying partners discuss questions about benefits, residence permits and how to find your own job locally - feel free to get in touch with us during your application phase at email@example.com.
In order to fulfill the company's objectives, the readiness of employees for assignments at all GIZ locations in Germany and abroad is of high corporate interest.
Please understand, that we can only accept and process applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
Your professional and personal development is important to us. At GIZ, you will be offered global work opportunities and an atmosphere that is characterised by diversity, respect and genuine equal opportunities. Gender equality promotion is a matter of course for us. Our benefits are also impressive in terms of work-life balance and family friendliness. Flexible working hours that fit your life situation are an integral part of our corporate culture.
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued - regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
+49 (0) 6196 79 3200
Economic and employment promotion
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem in de…[mehr]