Stellenmarkt für Fachkräfte in der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit
Advisor (m/w/d) for vocational training in the financial sector
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
As part of the BMZ programme develoPPP.de, GIZ is implementing a development partnership with the private sector (DPP), which includes the German company Internationale Projekt Consult (IPC), a Ghanaian bank - Fidelity Bank - and two German software providers (Chemmedia GmbH and Quipu GmbH). The objective of the DPP is to establish a training centre for the financial sector.
The DPP runs until July 2021 and focuses on the set-up of the training centre (TC), which has been registered as a local non-profit organisation. In the long term, the TC is to be operated beyond the end of the DPP and will finance itself through revenues from training provided to the sector.
The training centre (AYA Institute) will offer demand- and practice-oriented training courses for professional and personal development for current and future employees of Financial Institutions and their customers. The aim is to contribute to sustainable solutions for an inclusive financial system in Ghana.
- overall project management in cooperation with the private sector partners and the GIZ team, including monitoring of activities and milestones as well as coordination of the contributions of the various stakeholders
- liaise with financial institutions to shape the offer of the training centre and define training needs
- prepare and follow-up on training offers (support the recruitment of a training centre manager and an administrative specialist, responsible for logistical planning, evaluation of training and trainers)
- develop the "Work-Readiness-Program" for young graduates together with the project partners
- provide support in setting up the training centre together with the partners and the TC team (e.g. regular review and adjustment of the business plan, review and implementation of the marketing and communication concept or the personnel recruitment strategy etc.)
- support the marketing of the TC by maintaining the website, create newsletters and other means of communication as well as the online learning platform
- build the capacity of the TC staff once recruited (especially management skills)
- you have a degree with a focus on business, the financial sector or vocational training
- experience in the field of organisational development and/or start-up management of an organisation/company in the service sector (start-up)
- experience in setting-up and managing a training centre
- professional experience in marketing and event management
- professional experience in the field of vocational training (ideally in the design of further training, e-learning)
- experience in the financial or banking sector (especially in Africa) is an advantage
- work experience in the global South, especially in West Africa, is an asset
- fluent command of English; knowledge of German language would be an advantage, however is not required
Please use the following link for information about living and working in Ghana.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. There are no special restrictions to freedom of movement in the working environment. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
At the site of operation the particulate pollution occurs to be many time higher than the European acceptable limit. As part of the selection process and during the recruitment examination you will be informed of appropriate protective and behavioral measures.
GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.
Customer Portal of Recruitment and Follow-on assignments
Economic and employment promotion
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem…[mehr]