Stellenmarkt für Fachkräfte in der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit
Civil Peace Service Advisor (m/f/d) for Mental Health and Psycho-Social Support
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
The Civil Peace Service (CPS) is a programme for violence prevention and peacebuilding in crisis and conflict regions. In Kenya, the CPS contributes to the transformation of violent conflicts in the context of social inequality. The programme supports civil society and governmental partner organizations that are committed to strengthening civil conflict transformation through alternative dispute resolution mechanisms, the establishment of dialogue structures and psycho-social support services. The CPS programme cooperates with selected governmental and non-governmental partner organizations in strengthening their mental health awareness and services for individuals/groups, who have experienced violence, trauma or discrimination. CPS advises all its partners on approaches to trauma-informed peace work and self-/staff care.
- Advising the programme management on the conceptual development of the programme component "Mental Health and Psychosocial Support" (MHPSS)
- Supporting selected partner organizations on the establishment of points of contact for "mental health" for people with experience of violence, trauma and discrimination as well as developing approaches to trauma-informed peace work in the organizations
- Prevention of secondary traumatization of employees of the partner organizations as well as advising all partners with regards to selfcare and staff care
- Developing training offers including appropriate training materials and tools for employees of partner organizations in the areas of self-care, staff care and identification/handling of traumatized persons
- Psycho-social support for a limited number of traumatized people, mainly staff from partner organizations or their grassroots networks e.g. mentors in youth projects
- Participation in relevant MHPSS working groups and networks at the national and international level and within GIZ
- Documentation of implemented activities, knowledge exchange and cooperation with colleagues within the CPS-GIZ Kenya team, CPS-GIZ global and the CPS consortium
- Conceptualization and implementation of the MHPSS component in close cooperation with the CPS Coordinator as well as a national MHPSS peacebuilding advisor
- Completed educational training as a psychologist or psychotherapist, social scientist with additional psychotherapeutic experience or pedagogue with a strong background in trauma work
- Experience in clinical therapy or with specific therapeutic techniques e.g. cognitive-behavioral, arts therapy, resource-oriented therapy, body movement, mindfulness
- Professional experience with disadvantaged groups, people with experience of violence, e.g. war, flight, displacement or (sexual) violence
- Experience with the conception and implementation of interventions for individuals and groups at the local community level or experience in peace work is desirable
- Understanding of conflict dynamics as well as complex political and social processes in an emerging country like Kenya., ideally previous experience in the African context
- Strong ability to work in a team, enjoy creative, partnership and process-oriented work, high flexibility, resilience and tolerance for frustration
- Fluency in English and the willingness to learn Kiswahili
Please use the following link for information about living and working in Kenya.
The security situation is tense. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. The freedom of movement is restricted. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
Willingness to take regular business trips lasting several days is required.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).
Customer Portal of Recruitment and Follow-on assignments
+49 (0) 6196 79 3200
Humanitarian aid, Peace development, crisis prevention
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem in de…[mehr]