Stellenmarkt für Fachkräfte in der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit
Civil Peace Service Advisor (m/f/d) for the Southeast Asian University Partnership at Centro Nacional Chega
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
The Civil Peace Service (CPS) is a global program working on the prevention of violence and peacebuilding in crisis and conflict regions. The CPS regional program Southeast Asian University Partnership for Peacebuilding and Conflict Transformation (SAUP) supports three universities in Philippines, Timor-Leste and Cambodia developing curricula for peace and conflict studies. The aim of the program is to provide university partners with technical and human resource support in building their capacity in curriculum design and contextualisation by integrating best practices from local/traditional practices in non-violent conflict transformation. The CPS program SAUP cooperates with the Center of Conflict Research of Philipps University in Marburg and is linked to the GIZ country offices. The CPS advisor is placed in the Centro Nacional Chega, an independent body funded by the Government. There is a close relationship to a second advisory position, which is located directly in the Faculty of Social Sience in UNPAZ University.
- Advisory and orientation of personnel in the curriculum development in transitional justice, human rights and conflict transformation
- Strengthening the capacities of personnel in the CNC’s mandate to preserve memory, through designing various forms of memorialization, as well as documentation and integration into curriculum for tertiary education.
- Support the personnel in designing pedagogic interventions that utilize the archives of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission
- Support in the design and implementation of interventions on intergenerational transmission of memory as an interface between youth and survivors
- Supporting Centro Nacional Chega in strengthening internal structures to integrate the learnings of each department.
- Assisting the Centro Nacional Chega in their network with academia and in cooperation with other university partners of SAUP
- Strengthen strategic partnerships and network locally, regionally and internationally
- Identifying and contextualizing the best practices and lessons learned of traditional peace practices in Timor-Leste for dissemination in the regional and international network
- Masters in Peace and Conflict Studies, Human Rights, Education or any other relevant field
- Knowledge and experience in curriculum development for formal education in conflict transformation and peacebuilding as well as work experience with civil society, academic structures, institutions and actors
- Experience in training in social science research methods to their integration into educational materials
- Experience with practical peace work in post-conflict/conflict setting, preferably in Southeast Asia as well as experience in international project management
- Regional knowledge and experience in working in a resource limited/dormant environment
- High level of communication, facilitation skills and high intercultural competence as well as respect and empathy
- Flexibility, creativity and the ability to adapt to a very dynamic working environment with a high level of resilience
- Fluent English language skills and strong necessity to learn Tetum; Knowledge of Portuguese is an advantage
Please use the following link for information about living and working in Timor Leste.
The security situation is tense. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. The freedom of movement is restricted. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
Willingness to travel to Southeast Asia on business trips; driving license is required.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).
Customer Portal of Recruitment and Follow-on assignments
+49 (0) 6196 79 3200
Health, social security, Humanitarian aid
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem in de…[mehr]