Stellenmarkt für Fachkräfte in der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit
Civil Peace Service Advisor - Psychologist/mental health expert at the Department of Psychology at the Royal University of Phnom Penh
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
The Civil Peace Service program (CPS) "Justice and reconciliation in the aftermath of the Khmer Rouge Tribunal" located in Cambodia, aims to strengthen healthy forms of remembering the Khmer Rouge past, and to foster national reconciliation dialogues. One of our partner organisations, the Department of Psychology (DP) at the Royal University of Phnom Penh has been offering a part-time Master's degree in Clinical Psychology and Counselling since 2008 with the aim of qualifying Cambodian psychologists to meet the need of the local population for mental health services. The CPS project focuses on mental health practitioners and the sustainability of mental health services in the Phnom Penh area and nation-wide. The aim of the project is on the professionalization of community-based mental health services in dealing with the country’s past and present as well as identifying culture-specific, salutogenic resources that empower inclusive, pragmatic psychosocial support, meeting the needs of civil society.
- Professional support for postgraduate and other academic issues related to the science of psychology, as well as higher education in general
- Advisory to increase the DP’s accountability towards international scientific standards and to support internal human capacity building processes
- Consultation in organisational development, including the financial and technical sustainability of the department with a focus on self-reliance
- Conceptualisation and implementation of activities supporting the local establishment of sustainable, civil-society-based, mental health services
- Support the appropriate integration of traditional and other non-western forms of life-cycle support into the Master´s degree programme
- Joint implementation of peace promoting activities with the Department of Psychology
- Continuation of the cooperation with the extended local mental health network, incl. the establishment and integration of an alumni network
- Postgraduate university degree in (clinical) Psychology
- Experience working in academic structures, institutions and respective actors through teaching, qualitative and quantitative research and multi-level cooperation
- Expertise in applying and conveying participatory methods to foster sustainable, self-reliant development of groups
- Specialist knowledge and experience in clinical supervision as a mental health practitioner
- Practical experience in the field of "Dealing With The Past", in particular working with youth on memory and truth-finding, or peace-building education and communication
- Practical understanding of culturally sensitive approaches to psychology, science and academia
- Practical experience in forms of alternative dispute resolution is an asset
- Experience of living in a (post-)conflict environment and experience with Cambodia’s (violent) history is an asset
Under the following link you will find information about living and working in Cambodia.
The security situation is tense. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. The freedom of movement is restricted. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).
Recruitment and Follow-on assignments Client Portal
Humanitarian aid, Peace development, crisis prevention
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem in de…[mehr]