Stellenmarkt für Fachkräfte in der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit
Civil Peace Service (CPS) Advisor (m/f/d) for Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (PME)
Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in 120 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you've come to the right place.
The Civil Peace Service (CPS) is a programme for violence prevention and peacebuilding in crisis and conflict regions. In Kenya, the CPS contributes to the transformation of violent conflicts in the context of social inequalities. The programme supports civil society and governmental partner organisations that are committed to strengthening civil conflict transformation through alternative dispute resolution mechanisms, the establishment of dialogue structures and psychosocial support services. Further, since 2014, CPS also runs the special initiative “Preventing Displacements – Reintegrating IDPs“. It focuses on reconciliation between Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) as well as Refugees and host communities, strengthening cooperation between IDPs / refugees, host communities and government, as well as advocacy and legal awareness raising.
- Support the CPS Coordinator and programme team regarding conflict sensitive PME of the CPS
- Strengthen the capacity of the CPS Programme and its local partners in PME, by developing an overarching PME system and documenting project implementations and their respected outcomes
- Assist CPS partner organisations on a needs basis regarding matters of PME, e.g. strategies of conflict transformation, knowledge management, conflict sensitive planning, et al.
- Filing of project documentation into the CPS knowledge management system as well as assisting the CPS management in replying to queries regarding the project
- Preparing proposals and reports in German language to the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) in Germany
- Review of partner proposals and reports according to the guidelines of the BMZ in Germany
- Enhance the capacity of the CPS programme and its local partners regarding conflict transformation methods and its best practices through knowledge transfer
- Improve the integration of cross-cutting issues, such as Do No Harm, Human Rights and Gender Equality
- Degree in social sciences, peace and conflict management or related discipline; Trainings in PME are an advantage
- Several years of work experience in the peace building and/or development sector, preferably abroad
- Demonstrated work experience in PME, preferably in the peace building sector; knowledge of GIZ rules and regulations and CPS PME Guide is an advantage
- Very good knowledge of German development policy and instruments as well as civil society sector
- Very good analytical skills and solution orientation as well as high level of conflict sensitivity
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team
- High level of frustration tolerance, flexibility as well as intercultural sensitivity
- Fluency in English and German; willingness to learn Kiswahili
We are pleased to offer you a first impression on topics such as climate, shopping and services, the school situation and health care in Kenya.
The security situation requires heightened vigilance. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. The working environment is subject to special restrictions on the freedom of movement. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
Further information on country-specific advice from the Federal Foreign Office at https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
For general questions from dependent partners about local employment - please contact us at: email@example.com
Please observe the provisions of the country-specific vaccination regulations for entry and work in the country of assignment - in particular also regarding COVID-19.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued - regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem in de…[mehr]