Stellenmarkt für Fachkräfte in der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit
Civil Peace Service (CPS) Advisor (m/f/d) for ”Dialogue work through Theater and Art“
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its goals in international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
The Civil Peace Service (CPS) is a program for preventing violence and promoting peace in crisis and conflict regions. In Lebanon, CPS promotes the social integration of Syrians as part of the special initiative on migration “Prevention of violence through the reduction of stereotypes and prejudices by dialogue and media“. This program is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and is implemented by GIZ. The sought-after peace expert will provide support in the development of innovative dialogue projects to combat stereotypes towards refugees within the Lebanese society. To this end, the specialist advises the organizations Zoukak and Seenaryo in Beirut to jointly develop dialogue platforms in order to create artistic and theatrical possibilities of expression for refugees and members of the host communities.
- Support of civil society organizations in the development of long-term dialogue projects in order to reduce mutual prejudices to adequately communicate the needs of refugees and host communities
- Advise partner organizations on the development of target group-specific artistic formats and methods to give refugees a voice
- Identify training needs and entry points for advanced trainings in the field of theatre education and art work to work with refugees on conflict transformation
- Use existing contacts of the CPS program to interlink theatre groups and projects in a meaningful way and to perform on existing stages in Lebanon
- Design and support further training of trainers measures for those already working with theatre methods
- University degree in theatre pedagogy, social sciences, cultural studies, peace and conflict studies or in another subject area relevant for the position
- Work experience in dialogue work with refugees and host communities
- Knowledge in project management for theatre and art projects
- Expertise in using theatre methods and artistic formats with marginalized populations; Work experience in the CPS is an asset
- High level of cultural sensitivity in a multiconfessional and partner-networking environment, strong interpersonal communication skills and independent, responsible work style
- Knowledge of conflict-sensitive project work in an international context, understanding of conflict dynamics and complex political and social processes in crisis regions as well as knowledge of the situation in Syria and Lebanon
- Resilience, ability to work under pressure, high frustration tolerance and constructive handling of conflicts
- Fluent English skills; Arabic skills are an asset
Under the following link you will find information about living and working in Lebanon.
The security situation is tense. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. The freedom of movement is restricted. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
Driving licence is required.
For general questions from dependent partners about local employment - please contact: email@example.com
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued - regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).
Recruitment and Follow-on assignments Client Portal
Humanitarian aid, Peace development, crisis prevention
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem in de…[mehr]