Stellenmarkt für Fachkräfte in der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit
Civil Peace Service (CPS) Advisor (m/f/d) for the project design at the Nexus Dialogue, Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) and Migration
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its goals in international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
The Civil Peace Service (CPS) is a program for violence prevention and peace building in crisis and conflict regions. In Lebanon, CPS promotes the social integration of Syrian refugees into Lebanese society as part of the program component "Prevention of violence through the reduction of stereotypes and prejudices by dialogue and media". This program is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and is implemented by GIZ. Conflict-sensitive dialogue work is used to stimulate a change in attitudes at various levels of society to reduce the propensity to violence in dealing with conflicts in the long term. As a CPS specialist you advise the organization "Assabil - Association" in Beirut and the organization "Shift" in Tripoli. Additionally you will identify new partner organizations in Beirut and jointly develop conflict-sensitive projects on the topics of migration, human rights and Mental Health and Psychol-Social Support (MHPSS).
- Supporting the conceptual development of the program component "Prevention of violence through the reduction of stereotypes and prejudices by dialogue and media"
- Planning of conflict-sensitive dialogue projects in cooperation with partner organizations
- Consulting, development and implementation of trainings on MHPSS measures for staff and beneficiaries of partner organizations
- Identification of training needs, conception of training materials, workshops and trainings for advanced trainings in the field of dialogue and MHPSS
- Mainstreaming of MHPSS measures in the CPS Lebanon programs
- Participation in working group and network meetings, Nexus MHPSS and Peacebuilding, Staffcare
- Documentation of activities carried out, as well as participation in knowledge exchange and cooperation with colleagues within CPS Lebanon and local CPS partners
- University degree in humanities, social sciences, peace and conflict studies, psychology or social work
- Knowledge in the field of conflict-sensitive project work in an international context
- Experience in the design and implementation of trainings and projects at the nexus of MHPSS and peace building for civil society institutions
- Understanding of conflict dynamics and complex political and social processes in crisis regions, as well as knowledge of the situation in Syria and Lebanon
- Previous experience in peace building in the region desirable
- Ability to work in a team, enjoyment of creative, partnership- and process-oriented work, as well as resilience and high frustration tolerance
- Fluent English skills; Arabic skills are an asset
Under the following link you will find information about living and working in Lebanon.
The security situation is tense. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. The freedom of movement is restricted. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
Driving licence is required.
For general questions from dependent partners about local employment - please contact: email@example.com
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued - regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).
Recruitment and Follow-on assignments Client Portal
Humanitarian aid, Peace development, crisis prevention
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem in de…[mehr]