Stellenmarkt für Fachkräfte in der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit
Civil Peace Service (CPS) Advisor (m/f/d) for the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum
Our model for success is a better life for everyone and purposeful tasks for our employees. For more than 50 years, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), as a company of the German Federal Government, has been supporting the implementation of development policy goals worldwide. Together with partner organisations in 120 countries, we are involved in a diverse range of projects. If you want to make a difference in the world and develop yourself in the process, you've come to the right place.
The Civil Peace Service (CPS) programme "Justice and reconciliation in the aftermath of the Khmer Rouge Tribunal" located in Cambodia, aims to strengthen fact-based forms of remembering the Khmer Rouge past, and to foster national reconciliation. The former torture and extermination site S-21 was turned into Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum (TSGM) in 1979. In the last 10 years it became the most visited site in Phnom Penh. The museum as part of the Ministry of Culture and Fine Arts has been supported by GIZ Civil Peace Service since 2015. Please see https://tuolsleng.gov.kh. Together with national and international partners TSGM realises diverse projects in the fields of preservation, research, archive, education, exhibition and publication. Currently TSGM is preparing a nomination to be a registered UNESCO World Heritage. Besides all the development in recent years, the permanent exhibition has not changed in large parts since 1989. It is planned to start a professionally accompanied process of revision and reconceptualising of the current exhibition in the coming years.
- Support TSGM core staff (from the research-, archive-, education-, exhibition-teams) to update the permanent exhibition
- Support temporary exhibition projects (at TSGM and with international cooperation partners)
- Support the archive team with a focus on education
- Support educational concepts, tools and practices at TSGM
- Support organisational development of TSGM
- Support international exchange
- Strengthening synergises and cooperation among other CPS partner organisations and team members (e.g. networking and exchanges, joint implementation of activities)
- University degree in (Exhibition)-Design, (Archive)-Education, History, Political Science, or equivalent training in Peace Education practices
- Several years of work experience in the field of exhibition design of historical content, education and/or archive pedagogy
- Work experience at or with Memorial Sites/Museums in the field of exhibition development and/or education is an asset
- In depth knowledge about the Khmer Rouge regime and in particular S-21 is an advantage
- Experience of working in a (post-)conflict environment and experience with Cambodia’s past and present societal and political context is an asset
- Ability to adapt to a working environment with staff trained on their jobs, a high level of resiliency, patience and self-organisation is requested
- Expertise in project cycle development and implementation
- Demonstrated skills in networking as well as working with diverse actors and stakeholders
- Business fluent in German or English; Willingness to learn Khmer
We are pleased to offer you a first impression on topics such as climate, shopping and services, the school situation and health care in Cambodia.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
Further information on country-specific advice from the Federal Foreign Office at https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
For general questions from dependent partners about local employment - please contact us at: email@example.com
Willingness to travel on a regular basis is required.
Please observe the provisions of the country-specific vaccination regulations for entry and work in the country of assignment - in particular also regarding COVID-19.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued - regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
HR-Services Client Portal
Humanitarian aid, Peace development, crisis prevention
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem in de…[mehr]