Stellenmarkt für Fachkräfte in der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit
Civil Peace Service (CPS) Advisor (m/f/d) for the Youth Resource Development Programme
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
The Civil Peace Service (CPS) programme "Justice and reconciliation in the aftermath of the Khmer Rouge Tribunal" located in Cambodia, aims to strengthen healthy forms of remembering the Khmer Rouge past, and to foster national reconciliation dialogues. One of our partner organisations, the Youth Resource Development Program (YRDP) envisions a society in which youth are empowered to exercise their civil and political rights as leaders for a peaceful, equitable, and sustainable development in Cambodia. YRDP has been supported by the Civil Peace Service since 2007. At YRDP the CPS advisor supports the peace education programme in further developing their scope of activities and optimizing the training curricula - focusing on Khmer Rouge History Education, Interethnic Peace, Conflict Resolution and Transformation. The CPS advisor is working closely with the project team to diversify perspectives on ongoing socio-political issues in Cambodia and the world, gives the opportunity to enhance existing methodological skills and identifies opportunities for further strengthening capacities in peace education methods for the organization and their target groups.
- Advisory support on the organization’s peace education approaches with a focus on the impact of the Khmer Rouge History on Cambodia today
- Supporting the integration of diverse perspectives of minority and majority groups in Cambodia
- Participation in and joint implementation of YRDP activities and trainings
- Collegial advice/ Coaching of team members regarding their personal development as well as staff and self-care
- Needs-based workshops and supportive seminars and trainings for YRDP project members, volunteers and other peace practitioners
- Consultation in organisational development
- Strengthening synergizes and cooperation among other CPS partner organizations and team members
- University degree in Peace and Conflict Studies, Political Science, International Relations or equivalent training in Peace Education practices
- Several years of work experience in the field of peace education (especially with youth), preferably in politically complex and restricted contexts; expertise in civic education and active citizenship is an asset
- Knowledge and experience in curricula development for informal education in the fields of peace building and civic education
- Expertise in project cycle development and implementation
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic working environment with a high level of resiliency, patience and self-organisation
- Demonstrated skills in networking as well as working and cooperating with diverse actors and stakeholders
- Experience of working in a (post-)conflict environment and experience with Cambodia’s past and present societal and political context is an asset
Under the following link you will find information about living and working in Cambodia.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).
Recruitment and Follow-on assignments Client Portal
Humanitarian aid, Peace development, crisis prevention
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem in de…[mehr]