Civil Peace Service (CPS) Program of Philippines, Mindanao: Peace Advisor (m/f/d) for multi-dimensional support to the Bangsamoro Peace Process
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
Together with the local partner “Al Qalam Institute for Islamic Identities and Dialogue in Southeast Asia” the Advisor contributes to motivate the youth for the Bangsamoro peace process and their belief in a non-violent solution to ongoing issues. Elements of reconciliation and dealing with the past as well as youth participation in violence prevention and community development are continually addressed and included.
- Support the conceptualization and implementation of youth initiatives in the framework of the peace processes
- Support in community advisory and peace education to reduce prejudices and discrimination
- Strengthen the capacities of staff and local partners in utilizing innovative and creative tools of conflict transformation
- Develop and advise Al Qalam on programs for countering/preventing violent extremism
- Organizatonal advisory to strengthen the role and capacitiy of Al Qalam as a peace-building actor
- Provide support within Ateneo de Davao University in the provision of clear programs for marginalized groups, such as Muslims and Indigenous Peoples (IPs), at the primary, secondary and tertiary level
- Master in community development, sustainable development, education, cultural and peace studies or comparable skills
- Technical skills and international working experience in conflict transformation and peacebuilding
- Experience working in the context on Preventing Violent Extremism (PVE) / Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) and de-radicalization programs
- Work experience in Islamic country or in a Muslim context
- Experience in community work and peace education with the youth in schools (secondary and tertiary level)
- Exprtise in organisational development and advisory
- Experience working in a university setting
Availability of international Schools and a good healthcare sytem in Davao City (Duty Station).
Frequent travels in Mindanao, where martial law and security situation do impose some restrictions, therefore strict adherence of security and risk Management rules and regulations is a must.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience.
In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the Entwicklungshelfergesetz (EhfG).
Customer Portal of Recruitment and Follow-on assignments
Humanitarian aid, Peace development, crisis prevention
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem…[mehr]