Civil Peace Service(CPS) Program of Philippines, Mindanao: Civil Peace Advisor (m/f/d) for Global Partnerships for Peace
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
The peace advisor (m/f/d) is responsible for strengthening the Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation (PM&E) and knowledge management of the overall program and the capacity development of the partner organizations in the above mentioned areas. In addition, the peace advisor actively contributes to the transfer of experience at the local level in the area of lessons learnt, best practices and gaps in peace processes around the world. Therefore, the peace advisor collects reviews and reflections with local partners on implemented activities and interventions in order to disseminate to key actors so this can form part of the South-South exchanges.
- Establish a sustainable PM&E and knowledge management system and implement trainings for Civil Peace Service (CPS) advisors and local partners in the Philippines
- Foster digital exchange tools and platforms for remote cooperation for the CPS team, CPS network worldwide and relevant resource persons, global partners
- Develop knowledge management products, public relations tools, articles for GIZ CPS program
- Assess and review implemented activities, achieved impacts with local partners in regards to the peace processes and its challenges
- Elaborate points for cross-pollination, focused exchange on challenges in peace processes; serve as focal point for systematic collection and dissemination among partners - including dissemination through workshops
- Establish ideas and networks for South-South and international scholar-practitioner exchange on lessons learnt and best practices on peacebuilding challenges in comparable peace processes (Colombia, Nepal, etc.) with local counterparts; dissemination of relevant findings in adequate fora (publications, articles, workshops, conferences, public fora)
- University degree in social/political science, peace and conflict research or several years equivalent work experience in civil conflict transformation
- Experience and knowledge in the field of civil conflict transformation and peace policy advise in peace processes
- Profound competence in effective PM&E and knowledge management including knowledge and experience in conflict-sensitive methods
- Good training and moderation skills, experience with participatory methods of adult education
- Proficiency in English; local dialect(s) an asset
- Place of residence: Davao City, Mindanao
- Cimate: Tropical island climate (lots of rain, dry season from December to May)
- Health provision: Adequate medical provision and services by local doctors and clinics, for serious cases treatment in Manila
- Supply and shopping facilities: Usual requirements can be obtained in the cities
- Accessibility: Airport can be reached within one or two hours by car (max). Several flights to Manila. Davao is an international airport with connections to Singapore, Hong Kong and others.
- Children/infants: Duty station suitable for families
- School situation and school fees: International schools; school allowance is reimbursed according to GIZ guidelines up to 92,5%
- Security: The duty station is generally safe, but the security situation in Mindanao requires the strict adherence to GIZ security advisory. This includes the willingness to occasional restrictions on one’s freedom of movement
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience.
In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation.
The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the Entwicklungshelfergesetz (EhfG).
Customer Portal of Recruitment and Follow-on assignments
Humanitarian aid, Peace development, crisis prevention
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem…[mehr]