Development Advisor (m/f/d) for Business Development Services (BDS) promotion / Monitoring and Evaluation
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries
The GIZ ‘Pro-Poor Growth and Promotion of Employment in Nigeria (SEDIN) programme’ aims at improving the framework conditions for Nigerian micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) (in particular access to innovative and demand-oriented financial and business services) as well as for the integration of poor population groups into a sustainable growth process. The programme focusses on three geographical areas namely Ogun, Niger und Plateau States. The Plateau State Microfinance Development Agency (PLASMIDA), a governmental MSME development agency that has been established in 2016, is an important partner in enhancing the growth and development of existing MSMEs and start-up entrepreneurs and in creating an enabling environment for MSMEs in the entire Plateau State. PLASMIDA currently offers a wide range of Business Development Services (BDS) such as skills & entrepreneurship and financial literacy trainings, consultancy & advisory services, peer learning formats, business linkage promotion, provision of access to finance and public-private dialog platforms. The common objective of PLASMIDA and GIZ is to improve the framework conditions for established MSMEs and start-up entrepreneurs (in particular access to demand-oriented Business Development Services).
- Advise PLASMIDA in strategic Business Development Services portfolio development (including income-generating services) and in improving the quality of selected services
- Enhancing PLASMIDA's capacities in the provision of innovative, demand-driven Business Development Services to Nigerian MSMEs and start-up entrepreneurs
- Supporting PLASMIDA in setting up a M&E system
- Capacity building of PLASMIDA personnel in results-based M&E
- University degree in a relevant field such as business administration, economics, social science or related areas
- Prior work experience in Private Sector Development (Business Development Services, SME and entrepreneurship promotion)
- Experiences in project planning and M&E
- Excellent advisory skills and knowledge of capacity development tools
- Proficiency in spoken and written English; German language skills would be considered an asset; excellent knowledge of standard MS Office Tools
- Prior work experience in developing countries is an advantage
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Place of residence: Jos, Plateau State
- Climate:Temperate climate, average monthly temperatures range from 21–25°C
- Healthcare:Basic medical care available at local hospital and private medical facilities
- Supply and shopping facilities: Food stores, markets and variety of restaurants available
- Accessibility: Jos- Abuja (4-5 hours drive), daily flights from Abuja to Europe
- School situation and school fees: International schools (primary and secondary level) available;
- Security:The security situation is acutely tense.The situation requires constant monitoring and special security risk mitigation measures for GIZ staff. All staff must follow GIZ security instructions at any time. Please also read up on county-specific advice provided by the German Federal Foreign Office.
- At the site of operation the particulate pollution occurs to be many time higher than the European acceptable limit. As part of the selection process and during the recruitment examination you will be informed of appropriate protective and behavioral measures.
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, limited until 31.03.2020 with the possibility of extension subject to a new programme commission.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. If you should not be able to post an application via the system, you are welcome to contact the person indicated at the end of the job description.
Please check after your application regularly the spam and junk mail folder of your mail account, since the e-mails of the recruiting system are categorized as spam by some providers.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the Entwicklungshelfer-Gesetz.
+49 (0)6196 79 3200
Economic and employment promotion
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem…[mehr]