Development Worker as Advisor (m/f/d) for Capacity Development and Project Management
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
The project “Promoting a human rights-based approach in civil society organizations in Rwanda” has the objective that selected civil society organizations (CSOs) increasingly campaign for the human rights of particularly disadvantaged population groups. Its main work packages are:Developing the capacities of selected CSOs in the fields of organizational learning and knowledge management Improving the advocacy work of selected CSOs by supporting the adoption of a gender- and conflict-sensitive approach to collecting and evaluating data regarding the human rights situation for evidence-based work Supporting selected CSOs in systematically applying the human rights approach, with a special focus on particularly disadvantaged groups. One of the selected CSO is the “Initiatives for Peace and Human Rights (iPeace)”, a Rwanda-based non-governmental organization (NGO) in the Great Lakes region
- Assisting in further developing iPeace’s operational and organizational structure, including process management
- Advising on creating an efficient knowledge management system
- Supporting iPeace in the fields of communication and public relations
- Providing on-the-job trainings in the areas of proposal writing and project management
- Assisting in developing effective induction programs for new staff, apprentices and graduate trainees
- Conducting training needs analyses to identify short, mid and long-term demand in accordance with the strategic and operational planning
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Working experience with growing African NGOs in the fields of capacity development and project management
- Proven didactic and teaching capabilities
- Experience in working with new and unexperienced staff including excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills with a can-do attitude
- Proven interests in human rights and governance issues in Africa
- Ability to organize self and work in a structured, target-oriented, efficient way
- Open-mindedness, strong cultural awareness and teamwork skills
- Fluency in English, with excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong strategic and influencing qualities
- Place of residence: Kigali
- Climate: Pleasant, tropical mountain climate with two rainy seasons (March to May and October - December)
- Healthcare: Good basic care; international doctors on hand
- School situation and school fees: There are international schools; reimbursement of school fees according to GIZ-rules
- Shopping and supplies: Well-stocked supermarkets in Kigali
- Security: A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. There are no special restrictions to freedom of movement in the working environment. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
For further information about iPeace please visit https://www.iphr-ipdh.org
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience.
In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).
Customer Portal of Recruitment and Follow-on assignments
+49 (0) 6196 79 3200
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem…[mehr]