Stellenmarkt für Fachkräfte in der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit
Development Worker as Advisor (m/f/d) for Provincal and District response to HIV, early pregnancy and gender based violence (GBV)
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
In Zambia, young women and girls face the ‘triple threat’ of HIV, early pregnancy and gender based violence (GBV). The GIZ project “Strengthening Girls Rights” works with the National HIV/AIDS, STIs and TB Council (NAC) to enable young people, especially girls, to exercise their rights and prevent HIV, early pregnancy and GBV. At the local level, Provincial AIDS Coordination Advisors (PACAs) and District AIDS Coordination Advisors (DACAs) play a crucial role in promoting a youth-friendly and gender-sensitive response to HIV. However, many lack the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively fulfill their tasks.
- Supporting the capacity needs assessment amongst PACA and DACAs in the northwestern province and work with the PACA to develop a capacity development strategy, based on the needs
- Advising the PACA and DACAs on engaging multi-sectoral partners and strengthening multi-stakeholder coordination
- Providing technical support on youth friendly and gender-sensitive service delivery for HIV, Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and GBV, in line with international standards and guidelines
- Conducting and/or organizing capacity development interventions for PACA and DACAs, including on the NAC Management Information System, online HIV-Toolkit and exchange platform
- Supporting PACA and DACAs to promote innovative approaches for youth-friendly and gender-sensitive service delivery, including the Joint-in-Circuit
- Supporting the mainstreaming of HIV, SRHR and GBV into provincial/district development plans and budgets
- Advising PACA and DACA on (local) resource mobilization
- Contributing to GIZ programme management processes, including operational planning, results-based monitoring, knowledge management, reporting and stakeholder engagement
- Masters Degree in Public Health, Development Studies, Political Science, Sociology or other relevant social science
- In-depth knowledge of and several years professional experience in the area of HIV; professional experience in the public sector/governance sector is an added advantage
- Proven experience with mainstreaming HIV and/or gender into policies, plans or programmes
- Demonstrated knowledge in stakeholder engagement, networking and coordination
- Excellent interpersonal, training and facilitation skills
- Interest and ability to undertake extensive field work (valid driving license required)
- Structured work style with a high degree of self-organisation, flexibility and creativity
- Fluent English knowledge (written and oral); Knowledge of German is an advantage
Please use the following link for information about living and working in Zambia.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. There are no special restrictions to freedom of movement in the working environment. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
Additional information about Solwezi:
Solwezi is the provincial capital of Northwestern Province with around 65.000 citizens. The urban infrastructure offers basic medical care (24-hour Medical Centre), water, sanitation and electricity, shops/supermarkets, banks, telecommunication and fuel stations. Lusaka, the capital of Zambia, is an eight-hour drive away, but also connected via regular flights. The nearest big town, Ndola with approx. 450,000 citizens, is a four-hour drive away. There are no international schools in Solwezi, therefore the assignment is not appropriate for families with school aged children.
Interest and ability to undertake extensive field work; considerable travel (around 35%) within the Province is necessary (valid driving license required).
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).
Customer Portal of Recruitment and Follow-on assignments
Health, social security, Humanitarian aid
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem…[mehr]