Stellenmarkt für Fachkräfte in der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit
Development worker as advisor (m/f/d) for the National Meteorological Service
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
The GIZ project "Adaptation of Agricultural Value Chains to Climate Change" (PrAda) aims to increase the performance of actors in selected agricultural value chains. PrAda pursues this goal through three components: (1) Climate services for agriculture; (2) Promotion of agricultural value chains and (3) Climate risk insurance. Under Component 1, the project is cooperating intensively with the National Meteorological Service (DGM) and other national partners from the public and private sector. Various strategic partnerships have been established with specialised institutions at international level such as the German Meteorological Service or the Trans-African Hydro-Meteorological Observatory (TAHMO). The objective of this component is to foster high-quality, user-oriented climate services for the agricultural sector.
- Advise the DGM in the finalisation and roll-out of Madagascar’s first mobile application for climate services
- Support the partner organisation in carrying out specific improvements to its internal weather and climate data flow together with data specialists from TAHMO
- Advise and accompany the DGM in adjusting its internal organisational processes in order to ensure a smooth transition to a sustainability of the new data flow
- Together with the partner organisation establishing a process to systematically consider user feedback in the development of new information products and services
- University degree in geography, meteorology, climate sciences or related disciplines with basic knowledge in the field of climate services
- Work experience in communication or organisational development
- Proven consulting skills
- Strong intercultural competence
- Work experience in developing countries, ideally in francophone Africa is an asset
- Experience in collaborating with national weather services or climate service providers is an asset
- Good knowledge of French; Willingness to acquire basic knowledge of Malagasy
Under the following link you will find information about living and working in Madagascar.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
For general questions from dependent partners about on-site employment - Feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The willingness for frequent business trips is required.
For general questions from dependent partners about local employment - please contact: email@example.com
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).
Recruitment and Follow-on assignments Client Portal
Water and waste management, environment, resources
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem in de…[mehr]