Development Worker as Advisor (m/f/d) in the field of worker representation and gender equality for women garment workers
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
The Development Worker is part of the GIZ project “Promoting Sustainability in the Textile and Garment Industry in Asia” (FABRIC), which aims at strengthening an Asian garment and textile industry that offers quality jobs, protects the environment and contributes to economic growth. An important part of the project is to improve working and living conditions for workers in the textile and garment industry in Asia. The Development Worker will be based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, providing technical support in the field of worker representation and gender equality/woman empowerment. The Development Worker will work closely together with the Women Union Network Cambodia and also with NGO/national and international organisations and the Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training to promote equality between women and men and to enable female garment workers to represent their interests at the work floor.
- Support to the Women Union Network, a non-formal structure of women working in several Unions in Cambodia, by strengthening organizational and human capacity of the network members, e.g. trainings, drafting and implementation of common activities (research, reporting, campaigning), scheduling and structuring meetings
- Support to a Women Center for garment workers outside of an industry cluster (Center to be implemented): Capacity building and support to the team of center managers, e.g. drafting training programme for the workers, running events and campaigns, marketing the center
- Support to the Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training with activities in line with the Gender Mainstreaming Action Plan 2019-2023 and with the projects’ targets. Activities to be defined beginning of August.
- University degree in social science, political science or public administration
- First years of relevant work experience in worker representation/trade union activities
- Experience in promoting gender equality
- Experience in international cooperation is an advantage
- Strong intercultural competence
- Professional proficiency in English, willingness to learn Khmer language
- Residence: Phnom Penh
- Climate: tropical
- Healthcare: Good services in the Capital
- Shopping and supply options: very good
- Accessibility: Airport with direct connections to Asia and Europe
- Security: Good
- Others: Family-friendly environment with access to good international schools. The school fees are reimbursed according to the GIZ guidelines
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).
Customer Portal of Recruitment and Follow-on assignments
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem…[mehr]