Development Worker as Advisor (m/f/d) in the Planning Division of the Mekong River Commission
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
The GIZ project on transboundary water cooperation in the Lower Mekong River Basin aims at improving cooperation between the Mekong River Commission (MRC) Member Countries (Cambodia, Laos, Thailand and Vietnam). By providing technical assistance to the MRC Planning Division the development and implementation of joint projects on flood and drought management, climate change adaptation and sustainable hydropower development will be supported. The joint projects are designed to strengthen “cooperation on the ground” between Member Countries over the development and management of shared water resources. The joint projects are an integral part of the Basin Development Strategy 2020-2030.
- Supporting MRC with the identification of potential funding sources
- Advising the preparation of funding proposals
- Assisting in the consultation with relevant stakeholders
- Supporting the implementation of ongoing joint projects
- Contributing to the monitoring of activities related to the development and implementation of joint projects by MRC
- Providing support to MRC with the accreditation process to the Adaptation Fund and/or Green Climate Fund
- Master’s degree in water resources management, natural resources management, environmental sciences or any other relevant fields
- Several years of relevant work experience on water resources management or climate change
- Experience in Southeast Asia is an advantage
- Strong intercultural competences
- Fluency in English
- Residence: Vientiane
- Climate: Tropical
- Healthcare: Good services across the border in Thailand
- Accessibility: Good connections to Asia and Europe through Bangkok and Hanoi
- School situation: International schools for children from 2 to 18 years old
- Security: In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. There are no special restrictions to freedom of movement in the working environment.GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
Regular business trips to neighboring countries (Cambodia and Thailand) are necessary.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).
Customer Portal of Recruitment and Follow-on assignments
+49 (0) 6196 79 3200
Municipal/regional development, infrastructure
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem…[mehr]