Stellenmarkt für Fachkräfte in der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit
Development Worker as Advisor (m/f/d) to Chalimbana Training Institute for HIV, Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and Gender
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
In Zambia, young women and girls face the ‘triple threat’ of HIV, early pregnancy and gender based violence (GBV). The GIZ project “Strengthening Girls Rights” works with the National HIV/AIDS, STIs and TB Council (NAC) to enable young people, especially girls, to exercise their rights and prevent HIV, early pregnancy and GBV. At the local level, Provincial AIDS Coordination Advisors (PACAs) and District AIDS Coordination Advisors (DACAs) play a crucial role in promoting a youth-friendly and gender-sensitive response to HIV. However, many lack the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively fulfill their tasks. The Chalimbana Local Government Training Institute has the mandate to train PACAs and DACAs, but has yet to develop a comprehensive training offer.
- Contributing to the design, implementation and analysis of a capacity needs assessment amongst PACAs and DACAs in the areas of HIV, sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR), gender, coordination and mainstreaming
- Supporting Chalimbana in developing a training curriculum for DACAs and PACAs that responds to the identified capacity needs, and in integrating information on the role of PACAs and DACAs into existing training curriculums for other local government positions
- Building the capacity of Chalimbana staff to deliver the training modules relevant to PACAs and DACAs, in close collaboration with NAC
- Strengthening institutional capacities at Chalimbana for developing and utilizing results-based monitoring and evaluations of its training offers for PACAs and DACAs
- Advising and supporting Chalimbana on resource mobilisation, external communication / public relations and strategy formulation
- Contributing to GIZ programme management processes, including operational planning, results-based monitoring, knowledge management, reporting and stakeholder engagement
- Masters Degree in Public Health, Development Studies, Political Science, Sociology or other relevant social science
- In-depth knowledge of and several years professional experience in the area of HIV; Work experience on the interconnection between HIV, sexual and reproductive health and gender based violence is a strong added advantage
- Proven experience and strong skills in developing and facilitating trainings and other capacity development interventions
- Experience with designing monitoring and evaluation systems and experience with designing and/or supporting surveys and quantitative research is an added advantage
- Demonstrated success in resource mobilisation / fundraising and networking
- Strong communication and advisory skills, including in multicultural and multidisciplinary teams
- Structured work style with a high degree of self-organisation, flexibility and creativity
- Fluent English knowledge (written and oral); knowledge of German is an advantage
Please use the following link for information about living and working in Zambia.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. There are no special restrictions to freedom of movement in the working environment. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
Chalimbana University and Training Institute is located in Chongwe, approximately 35 km outside of Lusaka, the capital of Zambia. It is feasible to be stationed in Lusaka; living in Chongwe would offer a more rural experience, with more basic facilities. With its many natural wonders and abundance of wildlife, it is considered as a great place to live in Africa.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).
Customer Portal of Recruitment and Follow-on assignments
+49 (0) 6196 79 3200
Demokratieförderung/Zivilgesellschaft/Governance, Promoting democracy, civil society, governance
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem…[mehr]