Development Worker as Technical Advisor (m/f/d) in support of environmental communication for civil society organisations
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
Through the component "Environmental Education" of the Forest-environment Program (PFE), the project will facilitate the improvement of the institutional positioning of the associations Réseau des Parlementaires pour la Gestion Durable des Écosystèmes Forestiers d’Afrique Centrale (REPAR) and Réseau des Chefs Traditionnels pour la Conservation de la Biodiversité et la Gestion Durable des Ecosystèmes du Bassin du Congo (RecTrad) by strengthening their capacities to build environmental communication (with a focus on urban and rural youth). Expected results from the support include the definition and implementation by these organizations of environmental awareness messages in close connection with the communities they represent at the core; they capitalize on good practices that can document advocacy.
- Quality control of the processes of understanding and raising environmental awareness through local representatives REPAR and RECTRAD and other civil society organisations and non-governmental organisations
- Supporting the involvement of REPAR and RECTRAD representatives in designing and implementing initiatives funded by GIZ's competition fund
- Block of activities linked with the facilitation of a local dynamics with the target public for environmental education (Clubs of the Friends of Nature in primary and secondary schools)
- Supporting the monitoring and evaluation of the impact of REPAR and RECTRAD’s action on the public and on decision-makers in terms of environmental awareness
- Block of activities linked with the analysis of the processes of mobilizing the representatives
- Multidisciplinary training of the environmental communication, campaigns, type or master’s degree in organization management or project management or any other equivalent training
- A first successful experience of several years supporting actors of civil society at the national level on environmental issues, forestry, biodiversity in developing countries
- Competences in pedagogy for adults appreciated, facilitation skills
- Confirmed interest in expatriation
- Team spirit and sensitivity to a multi-player collaboration; willingness to engage in political dialogue, use of communication tools
- Interest in the participatory approach and associative management; adaptability, versatility, and patience highly recommended
- Basic IT tools
- Good knowledge of French and English
The location Yaoundé in Cameroon is suitable for families with children. The climate is tropical. There are international schools (English and French). The primary health care is adequate. There are daily flights to Europe.
The security situation requires increased alertness. There are special security risk mitigation measures applying to GIZ staff on-site. All staff must follow GIZ security instructions at any time. Please also read up on county-specific advice provided by the German Federal Foreign Office.
Willingness for regular field trips in simple conditions.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).
Customer Portal of Recruitment and Follow-on assignments
+49 (0) 6196 79 3200
Agriculture, forestry, nutrition, Water and waste management, environment, resources
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem…[mehr]