Development Worker as Technical Assistant (m/f/d) in Organizational Development
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
The Forest-Environment Programme (PFE) is a bilateral project implemented by GIZ, supporting the sustainable management of forest resources in Cameroon. Through its component “development of timber and non-timber forest-products (NTFP) value chains” it aims to improve the sustainable valorisation of forest products in order to generate income and improve livelihoods. Thereby, alternative incomes from NTFP can reduce the pressure on forest resources and increase their appreciation. One of the component’s objectives is to increase the effectiveness of the management bodies of these NTFP networks, to strengthen their skills in decision-making, management and monitoring of their activities and to develop a common understanding of the legal and normative framework.
- Consulting NTFP network (in the Eastern, Central and Extreme Northern regions) and identify their needs for capacity development regarding their institutional performance
- Organising trainings based on the identified needs
- Reinforcing capacities of the managing bodies of the networks
- Supporting networks and their members in understanding and shaping their mandate
- Assisting in planning, budgeting and monitoring the network activities
- Jointly developing strategies to improve internal and external communication and to defend the interests of the network’s members more effectively
- Contributing to the knowledge management of the programme
- Master’s degree in social science/management or similar training
- Several years of relevant work experience is required
- Experience in organisational development and/or change management
- Experience in management of organisations/networks/projects
- Experience in participatory approaches and adult education would be an advantage
- Curiosity about living abroad and working in a different cultural context
- Team spirit and sensitivity to a multi-player collaboration, high adaptability to difficult contexts
- Good knowledge of French
- Place of residence: LIl´kely Bertoua possibly Garoua/Quartier plateau/North Cameroon or Yaoundé
- Climate: Warm climate with one rainy season (May – September); temperature between 28° - 40°C°
- Healthcare: There exist basic medical services provided by local specialist doctors and private health clinics
- Supply and shopping facilities: Basic items for the daily needs are locally available, European goods /products are available
- Accessibility: City roads and overland routes are in a reasonable condition. Flights are not regular. Transport in the town is mainly by moto-taxi
- Children: The location Bertoua is not suitable for children
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. The working environment is subject to special restrictions on the freedom of movement. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).
Customer Portal of Recruitment and Follow-on assignments
+49 (0) 6196 79 3200
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem…[mehr]