Development worker (m/f/d) as a regional planning advisor in the Atsimo Andrefana region, Madagascar
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries
As part of its Conservation and Sustainable Use of Natural Resources Project, GIZ is working on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) to strengthen the legal, planning and institutional framework for the sustainable use of natural resources. The regional administration in Tuléar is involved in implementing the project and the intention is to boost its capacities and competencies. A regional development plan for the next five years is to be prepared based on the regional land-use plan. Its subsequent implementation will depend heavily on the mobilisation of various potential stakeholders and partners at regional level. The mobilisation of both fiscal and non-tax resources will be central to this.
- You will provide initial impetus and support for our partners in updating the existing regional development plan (Plan Régional de Développement - PRD) for the South-West Region.
- You will support the development of the range of tools required for updating the PRD.
- You will develop a strategy for encouraging mobilisation of potential stakeholders and partners at the level of the South-West Region.
- You will support the South-West Region team in implementing PRD measures at the level of the decentralised Technical Services and the municipal authorities, as well as of other stakeholders in the region.
- University degree in land-use planning, regional planning, geography or a similar subject;
- Experience in regional planning, preferably with a focus on agricultural economics;
- Knowledge of the latest regional planning technologies, especially GIS;
- Excellent spoken and written French;
- Advisory experience, preferably in sub-Saharan Africa;
- Experience in negotiation and possibly mediation with different partners;
- Willingness to travel frequently on business within the region.
Place of residence: Tuléar is the regional capital with around 200,000 inhabitants.
Climate: Semi-arid tropical climate with temperatures ranging between 22 and 32°C and precipitation of 400mm between November and April.
Health care: General practitioners and private clinics of a good standard are available.
Accessibility: Daily flights to the capital city, Antananarivo, where daily flights to Europe are available.
Schools and school fees: French schools up to general certificate of secondary education, French grammar school with boarding option in Antananarivo. Reimbursement of school fees in line with GIZ guidelines.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the Entwicklungshelfer-Gesetz.
+49 (0)6196 79 3200
Demokratieförderung/Zivilgesellschaft/Governance, Promoting democracy, civil society, governance
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem…[mehr]