Development Worker (m/f/d) as Advisor for Automotive Engineering
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
The potential of a cross-border cooperation and coordination in the region of Benishangul Gumuz/Ethiopia and Blue Nile State/Sudan, as of yet has not been systematically developed. The overall objective of the project is to address the drivers of migration and strengthen the populations’ resilience to instability and displacement. In order to achieve this, the European Union (EU) and the Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) wish to provide local governments, communities and the private sector on both sides with opportunities to improve diversification of livelihoods, shared management of natural resources, vocational education, employment and business opportunities, trade development as well as capacities for conflict prevention and resolution. The Vocational Training Centers in the Benishangul-Gumuz Region in Ethiopia conducts various vocational training and apprenticeship activities.
The Development Advisor will build up capacities within the TVET through a close cooperation with local teachers. He/she will contribute to the availability of vocational training in the region and improve the quality of education for students and teachers.
The Development Advisor will contribute to capacity development through training of trainers (local teachers) in the field of general automotiv engineering in order to scale up vocational training and to improve its quality for better access of students to employment and entrepreneurship. He/she will coordinate with stakeholders in the private and state business sector.
- Advise on procurement and installment of equipment and machineries for the workshops
- Assist in training of target groups
- Adjust the curriculum according to needs of the local market
- Building up capacities within the Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) through a close cooperation with local teachers
- Contributing to the availability of vocational training in the region and improving the quality of education for students and teachers
- Contributing to capacity development through training of trainers (local teachers) in the field of general automotiv engineering in order to scale up vocational training and to improve its quality for better access of students to employment and entrepreneurship
- Coordinating with stakeholders in the private and state business sector
- Master craftsman or vocational teacher or skilled worker in automotiv engineering with training experience
- Knowledge in layout and furnishing teaching workshops
- Very good knowledge and practical skills in automotiv engineering
- Good practical experience in transferring knowledge to technically low-educated people
- Fluent in English (oral and written); Amharic and/or Arabic language skills are a welcome assets
- Place of residence: The duty station will be the capital city of the Benishangul-Gumuz Regional State, Assosa
- Healthcare: Health care Services in Assosa are poor; for serious health problems, health facilities in Addis Ababa can be used
- Accessibility: 45 minutes flight distance from the capital of Ethiopia, Addis Ababa
- Security: The security situation requires increased alertness. There are special security risk mitigation measures applying to GIZ staff on-site. All staff must follow GIZ security instructions at any time. Please also read up on county-specific advice provided by the German Federal Foreign Office.
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).
Customer Portal of Recruitment and Follow-on assignments
Economic and employment promotion
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem…[mehr]