Development Worker (m/f/d) for the inclusion of persons with disabilities in the Rwandan labour market
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
The National Council of Persons with Disabilities (NCPD) is an independent public institution being subordinate to the Ministry of Local Government of Rwanda. From its headquarter in Kigali, NCPD coordinates a countrywide network of representatives on district level. The function of NCPD is to ensure the involvement of persons with disabilities in the national development. Special attention is paid to the involvement in the Rwandan labour market. Therefore, the job description is focused to assist NCPD in performing its function to promote the inclusion of women and men with disabilities in vocational education and employment. Another purpose is to reduce discrimination of persons with disabilities on the Rwandan labour market.
- Strengthening the management capacities of the NCPD by providing organizational development advice
- Increasing the organization’s capabilities in developing strategies
- Support the Eco-Emploi programme in its implementation of inclusive and gender-sensitive measures, with a focus on ICT
- Strengthening the partner organization in development of strategies and implementation of disability mainstreaming and inclusive employment promotion
- Introduction of financing mechanisms
- Strengthening the capabilities of NCPD in developing evidence-based inputs on policy level
- Support in new management and coordination mechanisms and in the coordination of the countrywide network for disability mainstreaming
- Assistance for the partner organization in the field of cooperation and communication with government institutions, civil society organisations and private sector as well as with the acquisition of partnerships
- International experience in organizational development
- Advanced knowledge in social and economic inclusion particularly of persons with disabilities in the first labour market
- Good analytical competencies and experience in generating evidences based policy for the inclusion of persons with disabilities
- Academic work experience, carrying out surveys and reports are of advantage
- First experiences in the work with civil society organizations
- Knowledge of methods of systematic organizational consulting is desired
- Coaching and moderation skills
- Disability mainstreaming skills
- Place of residence: Kigali
- Climate: Pleasant highland climate at a level of 1,500 m, maximum temperatures per day most of the time under 30 °C, at night rarely under 15 °C. Long rainy season from February until May, long dry season from June until middle of September, short rainy season from middle of September until November, short dry season from December until January
- Health care: Primary health care in the country is satisfactory but not ideal, when bigger problems occur transport out of the country e.g. to Nairobi may be necessary
- School: Kigali has a few international schools, one English speaking international school with graduation International Baccalaureat, one French as well as one Belgium school (both French speaking). There is no German school, but a Montessori school
- The location is well suited for families with children
- Security situation: The security situation as a whole is stable
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the Entwicklungshelfergesetz (EhfG).
Customer Portal of Recruitment and Follow-on assignments
Economic and employment promotion
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem…[mehr]