Junior-Advisor (m/f/d) Universal Health Coverage
In India, social security for informal sector workers and their families is inadequately developed. This affects a large proportion of the population as around 90% of the workforce is employed in the informal sector. They are exposed to a high risk of poverty which increases even further in the event of illness, accidents, unemployment or old age poverty. The Indo-German Social Security Programme (IGSSP) supports the Indian government in its goal of improving the social security system for informal sector workers and their families. The programme advices the central government, in particular the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the National Health Authority in the implementation of the health insurance PM-JAY which was launched in September 2018. IGSSP provides policy advice and technical support to the central and state governments, carries out training and capacity building at central and state level and places consultants in various states.
- Support in monitoring of results, indicators and performance and in the area of project management
- Support the responsible project leader in various project management activities
- Support in drafting policy statements, writing studies, communication material in German and in English, preparatory documents for Indo-German government consultations and negotiations, annual reports to Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundationetc.
- Support in preparation of various documents on Universal Health Coverage (UHC)
- Support in documenting international best practices on UHC
- Identifying efforts towards UHC in India and its documentation
- Assist in developing UHC related frameworks
- Responsible for supporting the preparation of workshops, conferences, seminars, visits of delegations etc.
- Master's degree in social sciences, health economics, public health or related areas
- First work experience or internships in the areas of UHC/social health insurance/health financing
- Experience of working in developing countries, in particular in India is preferable
- Experience of working with GIZ will be an added advantage; Experience of working with other bi- and multilateral donors, foundations etc. is a plus
- Knowledge of different models of UHC in various countries and experience of working on an UHC programme of a developing country is preferable
- Ability to reproduce complex facts and results in a simple, clear and comprehensible manner
- Strong analytical and communication skills, high intercultural competence
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in German and English is mandatory
India's climate is strongly dependent on the monsoon. From July to September large parts of the country have high precipitation. April to June are considered hot in the plain, in north India there is a stronger seasonal change. International schools and a German School are situated in Delhi and the medical services are good. There are many big supermarkets in metropolitan cities.
At the site of operation the particulate pollution occurs to be many time higher than the European acceptable limit. As part of the selection process and during the recruitment examination you will be informed of appropriate protective and behavioral measures.
Possibility to extend the temporary contract.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Customer Portal of Recruitment and Follow-on assignments
+49 (0) 6196 79 3200
Health, social security, Humanitarian aid
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem…[mehr]