Junior Professional (m/f/d) on Spatial Planning and Land Regulation
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
GIZ operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. Funded by the German Government, the project “Spatial Planning and Land Management” (SPLM) implemented by GIZ supports Kosovo’s local and central authorities to perform their land management tasks better. This reduces the continuing illegal settlement of agricultural land and counteracts the fragmentation of land ownership and use structures. The project contributes to development in rural areas by preserving valuable agricultural land in Kosovo and increasing agricultural productivity. The project works in two fields of action: 1) supporting the Kosovo Ministry of Environment and Spatial Planning (MESP) and selected municipalities in spatial planning, and 2) development of land regulation mechanisms for land ownership identification and improved management of agricultural areas, together with the Kosovo Ministry of Agriculture.
- Supporting SPLM complementing its efforts and advising spatial planning processes jointly conducted with MESP and municipalities
- Supporting MAFRD in conducting a land ownership identification pilots to develop mechanisms for land regulation
- Assisting selected administrative and managerial support processes such as monitoring tasks and Public Relation (PR) and knowledge management related activities, in close cooperation with the project leader (AV) and the team
- Optimising and improving the work flows of spatial planning processes in selected partner municipalities
- Support piloting of land ownership identification measures relevant for land regulation
- Advising the project on cross cutting issues (gender, minorities, environment) and innovate and optimise spatial planning tasks using innovative digital tools
- University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) in geography or equivalent including studies in geoinformatics (GIS) and development
- Several years professional experience in geography, research, international cooperation
- Excellent knowledge of land management, including spatial planning, land consolidation and property rights
- User skills of GIS software and experience in mapping; experience in strategic planning, monitoring and managing of projects, knowledge of GIZ procedures and regulations is an asset
- Excellent knowledge of cross-cutting issues including gender, human rights, climate change and environment
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, moderation, facilitation, communication and networking and knowledge management skills
- Previous working experience with GIZ in the region, in particular Kosovo and/or with the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT), consulting companies is an asset
- Excellent English knowledge (written and oral)
Kosovo has a continental climate. An international school and basic medical care is available in Pristina.
At the site of operation the particulate pollution occurs to be many time higher than the European acceptable limit. As part of the selection process and during the recruitment examination you will be
informed of appropriate protective and behavioral measures.
The security situation in Kosovo is stable, tensions are seldom - regionally especially in the Northern part of the country. Although air quality in Winter months is critical, Pristina is a location with enjoyable climate. Medical care in Pristina is sufficient in everyday life. There is a number of international schools.
GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
The position will be filled in part-time (50 %, half day all working days).
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.
Customer Portal of Recruitment and Follow-on assignments
+49 (0)6196 79 3200
Demokratieförderung/Zivilgesellschaft/Governance, Promoting democracy, civil society, governance
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem…[mehr]