Stellenmarkt für Fachkräfte in der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit
Manager (m/f/d) of the Improving Vocational Education and Training in Selected Sectors component
Nigeria has not experienced a significant reduction in poverty or an improvement in job creation despite strong economic growth in the past few years. A long-standing focus on the capital-intensive mineral sector, which offers comparatively few job opportunities, has resulted in employment-intensive sectors such as construction and agriculture being neglected. The country has also failed to establish an effective vocational education system. The Skills Development for Youth Employment (SKYE) project aims to improve the prospects of income-generating employment for young people in Nigeria. The project opens up new employment opportunities for Nigerian young people along construction and agricultural value chains, among other occupations, based on an integrated employment approach.
- Further strategic development and management of this field of activity
- Providing technical and organisational advice to central cooperation partners as well as coordination with other donor organisations in the vocational education and training field
- Managing a team of national and international staff as well as regional project offices
- Operations, budget and expenditure planning and management
- Responsibility for planning, drawing up tender documents and managing the implementation of appraiser assignments and subcontracts to the consultancy sector
- Responsibility for financing agreements
- Supporting management processes through strategic and operational planning, establishing and implementing the monitoring and evaluation system
- Responsibility for cooperation and synergies within the project as well as with other projects within the sustainable economic development cluster
- University degree in economics, social sciences, political science or international relations
- Several years of experience in implementing international development cooperation projects
- Several years of work experience in the vocational education sector and training outside Germany
- In-depth knowledge of the German vocational education system as well as of establishing vocational education systems in developing countries and emerging economies with national qualification frameworks and skills-based vocational education systems
- Experience in systemically involving the private sector in vocational education and training
- Leadership and management experience
- Excellent diplomatic skills
- Business fluency in English and good German skills, other foreign languages would be an advantage
The GIZ offers an additional benefits package for deployments in fragile security situations.
Please use the following link for information about living and working in Nigeria.
The security situation is tense. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff working in the country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. The freedom of movement is restricted. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
GIZ operates around the world. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
The job is suitable for full-time or part-time employment.
You must be prepared to take regular business trips within Nigeria.
There is an option to extend until April 2023.
Please note that we can only accept and process applications submitted via our online e-recruiting system. After receiving confirmation that your application has been submitted, please check your spam/junk folder regularly, since some providers class the emails sent out by our e-recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to employ more people with a disability. We welcome applications from persons with disabilities.
You can find an overview of our benefits packages here.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the COVID-19 virus.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.
Customer Portal recruitment and follow-on assignment
Economic and employment promotion
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem in de…[mehr]