Manager of programme component (m/f/d) Financing Instruments
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
In the framework of the global programme Sanitation for Millions, GIZ intends to act as executing agency for the Inter-American Development Bank under the Project for Climate Resilient Water (CREW+). The Project will contribute to improving wastewater management in the wider Caribbean under four components: 1. Policy Advice, 2. Small Scale Solutions 3. Financing Instruments 4. Knowledge Management.
- Component lead for component 3
- Develop, adapt and implement financing instruments for assuring sustainable implementation of wastewater management infrastructure investments
- Contribute significantly to policy advice
- Lead the knowledge management on financing instruments
- University degree in business administration, economics or related fields
- Over five years of experience in developing and implementing innovative financing instruments
- Good overview of the particular challenges in the water and wastewater sector
- Experience in working with a development bank
- Communication skills that enable you to convince colleagues and partners
- Experience in drafting ToR and steering consultants
- Fluency in Spanish and English; a good command of German is a significant plus
- Climate: The climate in Costa Rica ranges from tropical to subtropical, depending on the altitude. Mountain ranges divide the country in an always-humid Caribbean region and a semi-humid Pacific region. The climate is characterized by two seasons: the rainy and the dry season. The rainy season lasts from May until November, while the dry season from December until April. The average temperature is 20°C in San José (1.150m), but during the evening, it can significantly cool down.
- Healthcare: The medical care in Costa Rica is overall good. The densely populated central valley – specifically San José – has the highest density of doctors in the country. Here there are also some well-equipped state-run clinics. Besides that, there are several private clinic with modern equipping, in which also complicated operations can be undertaken. Furthermore, there is a good network of pharmacies.
- Supply and shopping facilities: The supply conditions in San José are overall very good. Little shops at every corner offer a lot for the daily need, weekly markets are common in every city-district and the density of supermarkets with a large variety of products is high. Apart from regional cultivation of fruit and vegetables, in Costa Rica the local production is low. Because of import taxes, imported food products are quite expensive. Prices for apartment rentals, gyms, cinema, etc. are only marginally more favorable than in Germany, if at all. On the contrary, transportation is very cheap.
- Children/infants and school situation:The Colegio Humboldt is the most famous German school in San José, with a high level of education from primary school to high school. After the 12th class, there is the possibility of beginning the entrance requirement for higher education. This certificate will enable access to University studies in Germany, in other European countries as well as in the USA. The Colegio Humboldt offers a kindergarten and welcomes children from 4 years.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office.
A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office.
GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.
Customer Portal of Recruitment and Follow-on assignments
+49 6196 79 3200
Economic and employment promotion
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem…[mehr]