Peace Advisor (m/f/d) for Change Facilitation
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
The Civil Peace Service (CPS) is a global programme to prevent violence and promote peace in crisis and conflict regions. ZFD experts support local partners in their long-term commitment to dialogue, human rights and peace.
CPS country programme Ukraine: „Peace education measures to support the overcoming of social polarities in Eastern Ukraine“ is focusing on a positive approach to diversity and eliminating prejudices and stereotypes counteracting social polarization in Eastern Ukraine. CPS Ukraine cooperates with civil society as well as with state institutions. The CPS partner-organization Institute for Peace and Common Ground (IPCG) is a leading Ukrainian non-governmental, non-profit organization that aims to help groups and communities to achieve positive and sustainable change throughout dialogue facilitation, capacity building and education/training activities. In partnership with GIZ Civil Peace Service IPCG is establishing the peace educational pilot project “Peaceful Schools”. It stands for an integrative model that includes restorative practices, multicultural education and school mediation The project is coordinated with the Ministry of Education and other stakeholders. .
- Advising a local partner organization on the strategy, implementation and monitoring of a pilot project that aims to introduce conflict management and inclusive decision-making at schools with the approach of so-called “restorative schools” or the “whole-school approach to restorative justice”
- Advising on advocacy-strategies for the introduction of conflict transformation approaches at school level, promotion of civil conflict transformation and “restorative schools” to the important target groups (administration, teachers, parents, students)
- Support with the knowledge management of the pilot project
- Developing communication and advocacy strategies and/or introducing strategies for change-facilitation for peace education and dialogue with national, regional and local state institutions as well as non-governmental organizations
- Advising on strategic and organizational development for a growing Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) in Ukraine leading in the sector of peace education and dialogue
• University degree in social or political sciences, peace and conflict studies, pedagogics, social work or psychology
• Knowledge and experience in organizational development change management and strategy consultancy
• Experience with facilitating change processes including different stakeholders from civil society and state institutions
• Methodological knowledge in conflict transformation, preferably in the field of restorative approach / restorative practices
• Cultural sensitivity, regional experience, ability for self-reflection and to work in a team
• Very good knowledge of the English language, Knowledge of Ukrainian or Russian language is an asset
- Place of residence: Kiev
- Climate: Continental, cold winter and warm/hot summer
- Healthcare: There are a number of good medical facilities, including private and public hospitals that are easily accessible
- Supply and shopping facilities: Very good supply with all necessary everyday needs is easily possible
- Accessibility: Kiev is easily accessible from Germany/EU countries with regular flights (about 2.5 hours flight from Germany)
- Children/infants: For families with small children there are possibilities of local or private childcare
- School situation and school fees: There are International Schools in Kiev. Tuition will be covered by the program to a large extent
- Security: Aside from being the political capital of Ukraine, Kiev is by far the most significant city in terms of the economy, culture, education and tourism. Like any major metropolis, Kiev does have more politically motivated demonstrations, although the law enforcement agencies are usually notified well in advance. There is petty crime in particular, pickpocketing etc. within the Metro system and in other crowded places, and there are also occasional burglaries in apartments. However, the risk level is no higher than most Eastern European cities as well as many Western cities.
- In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience.
In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. It includes a specific technical and personal preparation.
The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).
Customer Portal of Recruitment and Follow-on assignments
+49 (0) 6196 79 3200
Humanitarian aid, Peace development, crisis prevention
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem…[mehr]