Programme component manager (m/f/d) Integrated Water Resources Management
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
GIZ has provided support for the water sector reform processed for many years. In February 2019, the programme Accelerated Water and Agricultural Resources Efficiency (AWARE) was launched. The aim is to support the water resources management in Zambia at national and decentralized level in the Lower Kafue Sub-Catchment, while supporting smallholder farmers with improving agricultural water management and irrigation. Jointly with the implementation partner, the Water Resources Management Authority (WARMA), GIZ aims to support inter-organizational collaboration between the Department of Water Resources Development (DWRD) of the Ministry with WARMA concerning catchment planning processes and protection measures. Further, GIZ supports WARMA at sub-catchment level in setting up and operationalizing Water User Associations (WUAs).
- Responsible for supporting WARMA and DWRD at national and sub-catchment level in developing joint operational plans as well as their implementation
- Support WARMA in consulting with stakeholders, and developing, a national water resources strategy
- Support WARMA in the Lower Kafue sub-catchment in handling of water permitting process and to further develop the sub-catchment management plan towards the designation of 10 areas for sustainable irrigation expansion as well as designation of at least 8 catchment protection measures as well as their implementation
- Responsible for conceptualization, design and implementation of the above interventions, including the contracting and supervision of additional technical expertise required
- Support WARMA’s organizational development at sub-catchment and national level
- Assist in supporting the sub-catchment level in setting up and operationalizing Water User Associations (WUAs)
- Liaise with relevant partner institutions of the Government of Zambia as well as donor partners active in the sector
- Plan and coordinate the GIZ support to water resources management overall including the technical guidance of other staff
- Academic degree (master, diploma) in integrated water resources management, environmental management, engineering, geography, economics or other relevant discipline
- Several years of professional experience in Water Resources Management
- In-depth knowledge and proven experience of change processes, climate adaptation and environmental protection measures
- Experience in the area of development cooperation and working abroad
- Proven management and organisational skills
- Ability to build good working relations
- High intercultural competence
- Fluent English skills; German language skills are an asset
Lusaka is an attractive work place with a moderate climate. International super market chains provide for constant and high quality supplies. International schools and adequate health facilities exist.
Regular duty trips in Zambia are required.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.
Customer Portal of Recruitment and Follow-on assignments
+49 (0) 6196 79 3200
Municipal/regional development, infrastructure
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem…[mehr]