Stellenmarkt für Fachkräfte in der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit
Project Manager (m/f/d) Analysis and Research Unit
As a federal company, GIZ supports the federal government in achieving its goals in international cooperation for sustainable development.
GIZ supports civil society actors inside Syria through remotely managed programs as well as the political process. The GIZ Syria cluster is composed of eight programs based in three countries (Istanbul and Gaziantep/Turkey, Beirut/Lebanon and Berlin). In November 2019, an analysis and research unit has been established as a GIZ Syria cluster-internal service provider to contribute to greater impact of GIZ supported project activities by advising on contextual challenges as well as to provide analyses on political, economic and social developments to GIZ and its commissioning parties. The fragile and constantly changing situation in Syria requires great flexibility and innovative analytical approaches while at the same time a thorough investigation of macro and micro trends, actors and contexts.
- Management of the analysis and research unit
- Lead an international team and consultants in three locations (Gaziantep, Istanbul and Beirut, some via remote management) and their professional development
- Serve as focal point for all questions regarding implementation risks, political analysis and commissioned research
- Serve as focal point regarding research and analyses for the commissioning parties of GIZ Syria programs
- Serve as focal point regarding briefings on implementation context, actors and theories of change
- Oversee risk assessments for program activities
- Promote the technical and conceptual development and consolidation of the analysis and research unit
- Contribute to the further development of the GIZ Syria portfolio and its strategy
- Academic degree of a relevant discipline
- Several years of experience in development cooperation in a conflict context
- Proven work experience in research and analysis in complex environments
- Deep contextual understanding of the Syrian conflict and high analytical skills
- Experience in remotely managing programs
- Professional experiences in advising programs and donors on broad contextual developments in Syria, political sensitivity
- Strong existing networks among Syrian civil stakeholders; high resilience and intercultural competence
- Fluency in English, at least basic knowledge of Arabic, Turkish, German or Russian desirable.
The GIZ offers an additional benefits package for deployments in fragile security situations.
The security situation requires heightened vigilance. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. The working environment is subject to special restrictions on the freedom of movement. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.
Customer Portal - Recruitment and follow-on assignment
+49 6196 79 3200
Humanitarian aid, Peace development, crisis prevention
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem…[mehr]