Project Manager (m/f/d) Antiretroviral Drugs Value Chain
Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützt die GIZ die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen.
The programme „Cooperation for the Enhancement of Southern African Development Community Regional Economic Integration” (CESARE) supports Southern African Development Community (SADC) in economic development as well as good governance. Its main cooperation partner is the SADC secretariat in Gaborone, Botswana. The programme is further implemented in cooperation with national governments of SADC member states as well as with associations and companies of the private sector and civil society. One of the four measures the programme consists of is the Private Sector Development component of the Joint Action “Support towards Industrialization and the Productive Sectors (SIPS) in the SADC region” which is financed by the EU and the German Government. In this framework, GIZ takes over the implementation of two result areas: To enhance the Private Sector Participation in the Regional Anti-Retroviral (ARV) Value Chain (VC) and To enhance the private Sector Participation in Regional Leather Value Chain.
- Prepare an in-depth analysis of development opportunities within the ARV VC, an intervention strategy and an operational plan for the VC; Increase value creation within the ARV VC in the SADC region
- Ensure a close coordination with beneficiaries and the private sector in preparing and updating the strategy and activity plans of the measure (Steering Structure)
- Cooperate intensively with the private sector to understand and overcome binding constraints to growth (orchestrate private/public dialogues, trainings, policy advice, procurement, financial grants and all other instruments that lead to a positive development within the ARV VC)
- Close interaction with the SADC Secretariat and with the governments of the member states concerned, especially on policy related measures; Ensure consistent communication with the EU and other International Cooperation Partners on subjects relevant to the measure
- Plan and monitor the efficient use of project finances receiving guidance and support by the Programme Manager and the Programme Finance Manager
- Selection of all new staff and line management of all staff within the measure; Line Management for the Team Leader of the Leather VC
- Build, maintain and update a Monitoring and Evaluation system for the measure according to the requirements of the EU, the German Government, SADC, the private sector representatives as well as the standards of GIZ
- Support the programme manager in preparing high quality reporting towards the different stakeholders and in further administrative processes
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Pharmacology, Bio-medical sciences, Biotechnology, and or/Public Health, Public Policy, Public Administration, or equivalent
- At least longlasting experience in the (bio) pharmaceutical industry (with in-depth knowledge of drug development and commercialization processes), including health & drug regulation/market access and pharmaceutical and public policy experiences
- Specific knowledge in the manufacture and distribution of pharmaceuticals, diagnostics including (procurement) supply chains of anti-retroviral drugs is an asset
- Familiarity with institutions, organization, actors, processes and mechanisms in the pharmaceutical sector including ((inter-)national and regional) medicines and health product regulatory agencies (e.g. FDA and EMA, AMRH)
- Fluent in English, knowledge of additional international languages is an asset
Botswana is an upper middle-income country. The climate is semiarid with sporadic rains between November and March. Winters are generally warm, though temperatures may fall to 0C at night, and summers hot. Botswana is one of the safest countries in Southern Africa, though standard precautions should be taken. Everyday life is largely free of corruption. Almost all Batswana communicate comfortably in English, one of the country’s two official languages. Gaborone has all the facilities of a modern city with growing numbers of shopping malls, restaurants, sports and entertainment options. Multiple international grocery store chains provide all the necessities of daily life. International schools and health care services are available. The city is malaria free throughout the year.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.
Customer Portal of Recruitment and Follow-on assignments
+49 (0) 6196 79 3200
Health, social security, Humanitarian aid
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem…[mehr]