Stellenmarkt für Fachkräfte in der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit
Security risk advisor (m/f/d) Risk Management Office Somalia
The Risk Management Office (RMO) Somalia is one of the rare Risk Management systems within GIZ, that is commissioned with own project funds. The project aims at creating the preconditions to minimize the current and potential security risks of GIZ staff and to ensure the secure implementation of GIZ projects throughout Somalia. The project is currently preparing its follow-on module starting in 2021, where the setting up of new offices in Somalia is intended.
- Leading the Operations room and maintaining the security risk management system for specific assigned duty stations
- Advising and overseeing the running and operations of the specific assigned duty stations
- Laterally managing and advising a diverse part of the team, while maintaining day to day operational responsibility for the Operation’s room and allocated staff at the specific assigned duty stations
- Preparing the setting up of operations of new sites to include, Mogadishu, Burtinle and Burco, in-line with the portfolio and project objectives stipulated by the project manager
- Updating and developing appropriate procedures to include existing emergency procedures, preparing country risk assessment, operational location risk assessments and incident report summaries
- Analysing security incidents throughout the specific assigned duty stations and collect, contextualize and evaluate security related information
- Liaising and establishing a broad network with authorities, actors, and military forces for the purpose enhancing strategic engagement and whilst representing the RMO and GIZ portfolio
- Availability during crisis situations
- University Degree in security, risk, crisis and disaster management, social science, international relations, peace and conflict studies or another relevant field
- Several years of professional experience in development, humanitarian or international organizations in a similar role
- Several years of working experience in a fragile/conflict-affected country, preferably in Africa or the Near/Middle East
- Experience in (remotely) leading diverse staff members at different locations, with excellent communication and mediation competence
- Experience in managing multiple complex work processes at a time under high pressure
- Understanding of GIZ’s ‘quality in-line’ and administrative procedures
- Excellent analytical skills as well as strategic and operational planning and implementation
- Fluency in English; German language skills are highly desired
The GIZ offers an additional benefits package for deployments in fragile security situations.
Please use the following link for information about living and working in Somalia.
Please consult the responsible security risk management advisor in the Corporate Security Unit (phone: +49 6196 79 3040). GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. Please consult the responsible security risk management advisor in the Corporate Security Unit (Telephone: + 49 6196 79 3040). It is not possible for life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment.
GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
This job is suited to a full or a part-time position.
The willingness for travelling to different duty stations such as Puntland, Jubaland and Mogadishu is required.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.
Recruitment and Follow-on assignments Client Portal
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem in de…[mehr]