Stellenmarkt für Fachkräfte in der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit
Short-term Development Worker as Advisor (m/f/d) for a social enterprise
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
The Market Oriented Agriculture Program (MOAP) is implemented on behalf of the Federal German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and mainly supporting horticultural value chains in the South and the Middle Belt. Since 2017 and with the funding of the European Union (EU) (11th European Development Fund), MOAP has extended its operations to the Northwest (NW) of Ghana to support seven value chains to prepare communities for infrastructure investments which are planned in the frame of European Development Fund (EDF) support to agriculture in Ghana. MOAP NW has been designed to support agricultural infrastructure in NW Ghana in the fields of determining the need for infrastructure, their productive use and their maintenance through strong community involvement, capacity building of local authorities and entrepreneurs along entire value chains as well as building-up service delivery systems for farmers.
- Guide the startup and early growth of the new organization, legal and structural setup, recruiting and policies
- Introduce protocols and procedures to the new organization
- Guide technical and financial support for the new organization
- Initiate GIZ procurement of agricultural machinery and ensure quality and timely delivery
- Assist in development of a sustainable business model with scale-able services
- Investigate and test appropriate conservation agriculture (CA) for scaling in the region
- Ensure the introduction of CA principles to farmers in the region in order to create awareness of the technology and to assess reasons for yield gaps
- Deliberate with stakeholders and local and international experts the appropriate form of the new organization
- Completed university education in agriculture, forestry or horticulture (Masters)
- Several years of professional experience in the area of agricultural extension or agricultural training and practice in conservation agriculture
- Experience in promoting agricultural commodity value chains
- Training in tropical agriculture or work experience in the sub-humid or arid tropics
- Qualification as a trainer
- Familiarity with a consulting role while at the same time assuming responsibility
- Proven flexibility and adaptability
- Fluent in spoken and written English
The following link provides information about living and working in Ghana.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. There are no special restrictions to freedom of movement in the working environment . GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
Please note that this position is a short term position! Only candidates can be considered who had already a minimum of 1 year contract as a development worker according to the Entwicklungshelfergesetz (EhfG).
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).
Customer Portal of Recruitment and Follow-on assignments
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem…[mehr]