Stellenmarkt für Fachkräfte in der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit
Short-term Development Worker as Advisor (m/f/d) to District Administrations for Agricultural Development
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
The Market Oriented Agriculture Programme (MOAP) is implemented on behalf of the Federal German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and mainly supporting horticultural value chains in the South and the Middle Belt. Since 2017 and with the funding of the European Union (EU) (11th European Development Fund), MOAP has extended its operations to the Northwest (NW) of Ghana to support seven value chains in order to prepare communities for infrastructure investments which are planned in the frame of EDF support to agriculture in Ghana. MOAP NW has been designed to support agricultural infrastructure in NW Ghana in the fields of determining the need for infrastructure, their productive use and their maintenance through strong community involvement, capacity building of local authorities and entrepreneurs along entire value chains as well as building-up service delivery systems for farmers.
- Accounting documentary compliance support to 14 District Assemblies and other Government Institutions
- Support to planning of agricultural infrastructure by the District Assemblies and advising on the issues of civic participation
- Analyzing the potentials and strengths of District Assemblies and drafting respective support measures
- Facilitating community mobilisation and utilization of Agriculture Infrastructure at the decentralized levels
- Contribute to coordination and information sharing with relevant District Assemblies
- Coordinating training measures for the public extension agents based on needs assessment
- Close interaction with other projects
- Completed university education in organizational development, agriculture or adult education
- Many years of professional experience in the field of organizational development, agricultural administration
- Basic knowledge of standard accountancy documentary compliance procedures
- Strong knowledge in current practices of natural resources protection and Conservation Agriculture
- Ability to contribute to the development and production of training materials and info graphics
- Experience in community mobilization and participatory development projects
- Result oriented and ability to brainstorm solutions based on evidence, consultation and sound analysis
- Fluent in spoken and written English
The following link provides information about living and working in Ghana.
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is appointed at the local GIZ office. There are no special restrictions to freedom of movement in the working environment. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
Please note that this position is a short term position! Only candidates can be considered who had already a minimum of 1 year contract as a development worker according to the Entwicklungshelfergesetz (EhfG).
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).
Customer Portal of Recruitment and Follow-on assignments
Municipal/regional development, infrastructure
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem…[mehr]