Stellenmarkt für Fachkräfte in der Entwicklungszusammenarbeit
Short-term Development Worker (m/f/d) for sustainable social crisis prevention at local government level
As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
With the dispatch of qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ contributes to the sustainable improvement of living conditions of people in developing and transition countries.
In the present context in Nepal, 15 years since the peace agreement which helped in the transformation of Nepal into a federal and democratic state, a crucial dimension of addressing the needs of the disadvantaged groups has remained largely unaddressed. The systemic causes such as ethnic tensions, religious divisions, patriarchy etc. that paved way for the culmination of grievances to manifest into an armed insurgency since mid of the 90’s still remain prevalent in the Nepalese society. Studies have shown that the conflict potential for communal and intergroup violence remains high and that the ability of armed groups to recruit and get support might even grow. The objective of the Study and Expert Fund measure is to enable selected local governments to use non-violent crisis prevention or response strategies, which will be disseminated to other municipal governments.
- Assist in identifying the potential crisis fault lines in municipalities and assessment of mandates of local governments regarding their capacities in preventing and managing social crises
- Support the development of comprehensive guidelines for up to five local governments on crisis prevention and conflict resolution mechanisms and disseminate them through peer learning amongst local governments
- Assist in supporting municipalities to facilitate the communication between disadvantaged groups and their respective governments through appropriate means of communication
- Assist in developing and disseminating Information and Communication Technology based solutions for social crisis prevention among local governments
- Professional background in working with conflict affected people, communities and regions
- MSc Degree in social studies, peace & conflict studies, ethnology, or any relevant discipline
- Experience in conducting conflict studies in a changing and dynamic social and political environment
- The capacity to integrate and operationalize the findings of the studies into guidelines and local by laws
- Experience in the area of sub-national governance with cities and municipalities, preferably in the Asian context
- Fluent in English; German and Nepali is considered an advantage
The GIZ offers an additional benefits package for deployments in fragile security situations.
Please use the following link for information about living and working in Nepal.
The security situation is tense. Tailored security risk mitigation measures are in place for GIZ staff in country. GIZ staff must adhere to security measures at all times. Please also check the county-specific information provided by the German Federal Foreign Office. GIZ runs a professional security risk management system in the field of deployment. The freedom of movement is restricted. GIZ does not impose any restrictions on life partners and family members to move with you to the country of deployment. We kindly ask you to inform yourself which forms of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of deployment.
At the site of operation, the particulate pollution occurs to be many time higher than the European acceptable limit. As part of the selection process and during the recruitment examination you will be informed of appropriate protective and behavioral measures.
Please note that this position is a short term position! Only candidates can be considered who had already a minimum of 1 year contract as a development worker according to the Entwicklungshelfergesetz (EhfG).
GIZ's Development Service is looking forward to applications of candidates with a professional qualification and / or university degree and at least two years of professional experience. In addition you hold the German nationality or the nationality of a member state of the European Union.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your succesful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails form our recruiting system as spam.
You can get an overview of our benefits packages here.
A prerequisite for the conclusion of the agreement is the lifting of the restrictions currently in force in the company on the possibilities for travel and business trips in order to contain the worldwide spread of the Covid-19 virus.
We offer the opportunity to work in an innovative and worldwide operating institution related to development policy. Your competencies and qualifications are demanded on the spot in an interdisciplinary team. You advise governmental and civil society organizations at local or municipal level. The Development Service of GIZ offers a comprehensive service package. The basis for the deployment of specialists in the development service is the German Development Workers Act (EhfG).
Recruitment and Follow-on assignments Client Portal
Demokratieförderung/Zivilgesellschaft/Governance, Promoting democracy, civil society, governance
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Umfassendes Know-how für nachhaltige Entwicklung Eine ausgewiesene Regionalexpertise, hohe Fachkompetenz und praxiserprobtes Managementwissen bilden das Rückgrat der Leistungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Als Bundesunternehmen unterstützen wir die Bundesregierung dabei, ihre Ziele in der internationalen Zusammenarbeit für nachhaltige Entwicklung zu erreichen; weltweit aktiv sind wir außerdem in de…[mehr]